Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm not afraid to install or splice wires.
Still, something like Amazon.com: SCOSCHE TA02B Wiring Harness for 1987 and up Toyota: Car Electronics or Amazon.com: Metra 70-1761 Radio Wiring Harness For Toyota 87-Up Power 4 Speaker: Car Electronics will help to speed the head unit install, and also allow you to quickly put the OEM head unit back in easily when time to sell. (Not sure why Amazon says the wiring adapters won't fit, Scoshe's and Metra's websites says it will fit).

I'm actually in the same situation as you (OEM head unit driving OEM front speakers and Kicker components in the rear doors). After a lot of thought and research, I've decided to upgrade my front door speakers first, and see how that sounds before updating the head unit (if I ever). I bought Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate P1675-S 6.75" Punch Series Component System: Car Electronics from eBay (no tax) this past weekend, and hope to install them in the front doors this coming weekend. After I'm done, a new chapter will be added to my website that documents the install.

As to why I decided to keep the OEM head unit, that will be discussed on a separate thread...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.