Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Does anyone know if there is an adjustment or anything I can do to smooth out my take off with the gas pedal. It is VERY sensitive on start from a stop. Almost spin the front tires.I have driven many different autos but never had this problem. I know I will be told you will have to just get used to feathering the pedal, but this machine is way sensitive.
Thanks for any help,
Joe.

· Registered
88 Posts
i didnt know there was enough power to almost spin the tires lol. I have tried and left me with little to no result. I don't see the throttle being all that touchy actually. I guess you gonna stop matting the thing off the start that might help.

· Registered
741 Posts
I can spin mine. Turn off your traction control and have at it.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Not looking under the hood, I'm not sure if the throttle connection is mechanical or electrical.
If mechanical, there would be a cable to the engine throttle body. There would also be adjustment "nuts" that can be turned with a wrench. You may need more slack.

If it is electric, I'm not sure there is much you can do except watch the foot.

I keep thinking there has to be some sort of adjustment. I just have no idea what it would be for an electrical throttle. For a mechanical one, there are several.

· Registered
613 Posts
i think the pedal is just something you gotta get used too... my vehicle before the xB2 was a Chevy Blazer, and i used to have to mash the pedal... so until i got used to driving my xB2, i thought it was jumpy also... but you'll dial it in eventually!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
That is about what I figured, as I didn't remember a throttle on the intake while touch-cleaning my engine bay and trying to think of what I can do under there.
We are essentially driving an electric car. It probably won't age as well as older cars when the parts start to break down.

· Registered
13 Posts
JOEY G-xB said:
i think the pedal is just something you gotta get used too... my vehicle before the xB2 was a Chevy Blazer, and i used to have to mash the pedal... so until i got used to driving my xB2, i thought it was jumpy also... but you'll dial it in eventually!
I went from a Blazer to an xB2 as well. I'm OK when I'm by myself, but my wife thinks I hit it a little too hard off a stoplight.

· Registered
51 Posts
The pedal is very sensitive, but you do get used to it! I enjoy the sensitivity of it personally, totally opposite of my dad's prius, lol!

· Registered
42 Posts
Someone hit it on the head when they said that you need to get used to it. I have a 95 Ford Explorer and it took some adjustment. I have also spun the tires on a quick takeoff trying to beat oncoming traffic. That was with the stock Goodyear tires.

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I almost wish I had that problem. I've had my xB now for a year and a half, and I STILL cannot get used to the stinkin' throttle delay. I stall at least once a week. I practically never had that problem with other stick shifts.

More resistance sounds like a good solution, assuming there is a return spring. I cannot see why there wouldn't be.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.