Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a seperate thread on the goodies that are offered on the Austrailian Rukus (xB). Several of these look to be great for upgrades to our U.S. xB's

1. Climate Control (instead of manual)

2. Factory Speaker & Subwoofer for C-Pillar

3. Smart Start (This MIGHT be a [email protected]) AND expensive!

4. Leather Interior

5. TRD Seat "Vests" (I would imagine a cheaper option than ordering new leather seat fabric from "OZ"

6. Factory Option Reversing Camera

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am digging the climate control and push start. Those would be my first choices. How could someone get their hands on these?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am digging the climate control and push start. Those would be my first choices. How could someone get their hands on these?
I would call or email a Aussie Toyota dealer and ask if they will ship to the U.S. The ONLY problem I foresee with this Mod is I'm betting the inside temp display will only display Celcius, not Fahrenheit.

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
I have the backup camera, the climate control is dope. Push start is cool, but i have remote start too.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Push start is not as easy to do but I have a whole box of those buttons at work (no they're not for sale) but from what I can tell they're all the same. It seems they are slowly becoming the standard. The climate control I would guess can be switch to fahrenheit, Toyota really tends to universalize things just incase they end up on an xB down the road. If and when I take a trip over seas I plan to pick up the badge and auto heater control.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
i have a rukus and i dont think the climate control will fit the US models. there is a slight tilt in the climate control screen facing the righthand side (australian drivers) side of the car... i think it would look weird on a US model but someone try it out...

the reversing camera is a $2500 upgrade on all models... tbh not worth it...

the factory sound set up isnt the best i will be upgrading once other mods are done... i am an audio nut though so that can cancel that out...

with the leather interior... it would of been nice for some different colour options but it is soft... on the rukus 60/40 fold rear seats there is also an arm rest / table / drink holder that folds down...

the push start is awesome one of my favourite factory settings... we also dont have a key so to say we have a key fob... so your rukus can be locked and you can have the keys in your pocket and walk upto the door and it will unlock... i have done some testing on it and aslong as the fob is within a few feet of the car it will activate it...

i also have a site at home with all the part numbers for the rukus..
when i get home i will post it up and maybe the US toyota dealers can get them for you... word of warning though australian toyota parts are a rip off... the rukus badge is about 55aud... trd engine cap 185aud... so you see where im going.....

im more then happy to organise parts and shipping for anyone if they need it....

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks cductn. I might have to take you up on the offer. Can you find out how much the climate controls are? I will have to do some research on the start button. Might be difficult to incorporate.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Thanks cductn. I might have to take you up on the offer. Can you find out how much the climate controls are? I will have to do some research on the start button. Might be difficult to incorporate.

yeah i can find out ill give you the part number aswell...

just called my local dealership they have no idea what im on about..

i will look up the part number when i get home and find a price out for you.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I work in the biggest Toyota plant in N. America and help design instrument panels for the Camry, Avalon and Venza. The price for heater controls is absurd for domestic models, let alone an Aussie only. Just a heads up.

In regards to the push button, I'm near positive after becoming certified on them (the new Camry and 2013's Avalon have them) they won't be worth getting on ours. Not only is all the wiring in the dash area going to be a headache but keep in mind, its the locks and handles as well. I know more about these things than most people at this point, if there were an easy way to get it on my B it would already be there.

As far as the climate control, I would guess atleast $600usd if not closer to double that. Toyota marks their hardware through the roof. Just some thoughts.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Rukus parts listing

ok so here is the site for the part numbers
CLICK HERE

hope this helps

·
Registered
647 Posts
ok so here is the site for the part numbers
CLICK HERE

hope this helps
I was only able to find a part number for the climate control (no price). 55900-12C50 Control Assy, Air Condtioner. Funny thing is everything else but this has a price. The Push Start button is $252.17!

I researched the Control Assy part number on the Toyota site and it didnt exist in their database. Judging by other Control Assy prices, Tardis is right. Probably every bit of $600. I still want to investigate it further if anyone else can find more info on the part.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
most likely what you'd need to swap the climate controls is the climate controls as well as the surrounding plastic piece, as it most likely wont fit our factory piece.

still a worth while thing to look into.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I was only able to find a part number for the climate control (no price). 55900-12C50 Control Assy, Air Condtioner. Funny thing is everything else but this has a price. The Push Start button is $252.17!

I researched the Control Assy part number on the Toyota site and it didnt exist in their database. Judging by other Control Assy prices, Tardis is right. Probably every bit of $600. I still want to investigate it further if anyone else can find more info on the part.

yeah and coming from toyota australia it wouldnt suprise me if it came to the 1k mark.... i will call a dealer tomorrow with prices for parts

if anyone wants some prices let me know what u want and ill work it out for you

·
Registered
647 Posts
yeah and coming from toyota australia it wouldnt suprise me if it came to the 1k mark.... i will call a dealer tomorrow with prices for parts

if anyone wants some prices let me know what u want and ill work it out for you

Thanks fo looking into it. Phobic is right, it will probably require the trim piece as well.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I would guess the trim piece will actually work. I could be wrong but that's one of the few things they like to universalize.
just looking at the trim it will not fit due to the different side drives of US to AUS... LHD --> RHD...

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am sure there is a way to mod them in. Let's see what they want for the parts and go from there. I would be willing to be the test mouse :)

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I am sure there is a way to mod them in. Let's see what they want for the parts and go from there. I would be willing to be the test mouse :)
WOW just called the spare parts department... look away now but $950.00 AUD... prat is to be shipped from Japan and has a waiting time of 4-6 weeks... add to that the shipping from Australia to USA... im still willing to get it for you if you want it....

·
Registered
976 Posts
Are there scrap yards in AU likely to have a wrecked Ruckus? Maybe they would be willing to pick and ship the climate controls.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.