Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question is TPS light came on this morn,Ihave changed out the factory wheels with some 17s but transfered over the sensors from the original wheels to the new do I fill the tires to the settings on the door label or do I fill them to the pressure on the tires to turn the light off? Thanks...

·
Registered
846 Posts
The pressure on the tires is for maximum inflation. It is not for running the tires in a normal condition. The values on the door jamb are everyday use and for this specific car.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I had the same question this summer. I swapped my stock steelies for 215/45R-17 91W Yokohamas on Konig wheels. I ended up calling Yokohama's 800 number. They wanted the tire size and make/model/year of my car. An engineer called back about 20 minutes later with the recommended pressure (40 psi front/36 psi rear).

Call your tire manufacturer. :cheers:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Funny, I have different summer wheels (winter stocker ones with TPS) and didn't put the TPS in them, the light comes on, but then it goes out for a couple days, then flashes and comes back on? Weird.

if you have a different tire pressure then the previous ones, just reset it, I think the button is under the dash. Not sure the sequence.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
the sensor is most likely picking up your stock wheels in your garage or something, mine did that when I parked near my shed after my winter steelies were stored.

I just consider it my awesome light, to let me know how awesome I am. I mean, it is an "!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.