Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a trailer hitch on their Xb? I see them advertised but I haven't seen one installed yet. If anyone has one can you post a pic please? I'm considering it in case I have to haul something big, but I don't want that ugly steel piece sticking out the back.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
281 Posts
norvak said:
I saw an old guy with a 08 xB2 pulling a trailer hauling a riding lawnmower, weed eaters, gas cans, all kinds of ####. He was just zipping around town too like it was no big deal.
"old guy" ??? :mad:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trailer hitch for the 08 is readily available for about $100. I wondering if anyone has one or any pictures of an 08 with the hitch mounted. The car itself will pull around 3500 lbs, so a class 2 would be the heaviest i can go.

Hey evil, i think I saw a pic of that trailer in your pictures of your trip out west.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Goldtouch said:
The trailer hitch for the 08 is readily available for about $100. I wondering if anyone has one or any pictures of an 08 with the hitch mounted. The car itself will pull around 3500 lbs, so a class 2 would be the heaviest i can go.

Hey evil, i think I saw a pic of that trailer in your pictures of your trip out west.
No that was a Gen1 with a BBQ grill trailer made to look like his car. This was in Englishtown NJ and the guy lives in Maryland. I don't think it was a class 2. I think it was a class 1. It was the hidden kind which you put the hitch in later.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Shancopp said:
too weird! I just hunted through you guys' link w/ 448 pix to find this exact pic to show my DH! lol! And now ya post the dang thing! (btw...this was my fave pic of all of them!)
I'm sorry.. sure do help when ya know the timeline :)

Here's one of my favorites.. I still have a big place in my heart for the old Beetle...

Trailer hitch! I was looking at one at etrailer.com. last night. Looks like a simple bolt-on after you remove the towhook. After yesterdays fiasco with the derby car in the back of the box, I think we may need to go with a small trailer.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, i figured someone would eventually get one. Much appreciate the pics and Mfg info when you get it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You could just get one installed at UHaul, right? I was thinking about getting a small hitch carrier for luggage, and that's where my parents got one for their old 96 Dodge Neon.

That BBQ Grill is TOO cute! That totally made my day! :rofl:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Something to consider is the statement about Towing Capacity in the owners manual (2009 and would imagine it's the same for 2008 ) that says " Scion does not recommend towing a trailer with your vehicle. Your vehicle is not designed for trailer towing ". There may be warranty issues here as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.