Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 5 speed 08 xb and I love it but its been getting cold here lately as it is winter and it really isn't liking it. I thought about doing a change and phasing out to a lower weight fluid but not sure that would really solve anything.

Once warmed up it shifts awesome like it should it just feels a little, maybe sticky? When I first take off in the mornings. I've never touched any sort of transmission part and never really needed too.

I really don't NEED to do anything here I don't guess but I know one of the previous owners had some transmission work done so I am more just wanting to know what is best for these cars since I have no idea what they put in when they did the work and would like to go ahead and change it anyway since Im coming up on 100k miles.

· Registered
596 Posts
Redline mt-90

I purchased my 08 xb and as soon as i got a chance i swapped out the MTF since i didnt know how the previous owner drove the car. All i can say is that it was a improvement and when the old oil came out it was dark black and it had a bad smell.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.