Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped out their back lighting for the automatic trans. indicator? I see lots of led swaps but haven't seen anyone mention where the bulb under the indicator is or how hard, or what size to replace. I changed the climate control and now the lights below it seem all wrong. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can you take a pic? I can tell you what type of LEDs they are just by looking a them. Please try with a camera not a phone cam.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry to drag my feet on the response to the picture but been out of the loop lately.

I actually didn't get a super good look at them. I thought someone said that they were just a regular bulb but I can't seem to find the page again. I did find where someone just lopped off the regular lights and added a LED strip. Sounded like it worked but not really what I had in mind. I have to yank my center console apart here shortly to run some wires and I may see if I can get a better look.

Thanks again for the effort. Wouldn't be the first time you seem to have had all the right answers........ :D :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had mine done for months now...

this is what I used

Now I didnt 'lop off' the existing bulb.. just removed the socket from it's holder & spliced into the wires.. The stock light still lights up, I just tucked it down deep in the cavity, you cant see it.
Probally if you get a different colored bulb, it would probally work, if & when you do.. find something.. Please post back with your results.. I'd like to see it done different ways & how it turns out. Thanks....

if it's cool to post a link to a diffferent forum, i can show you'se a thread on a DIY......

jh

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the update. I've been kind of in a holding pattern for moding things lately. That looks good. As far as making reference to another website DIY, I don't think that it's a problem. I thought I've seen some links on here to SL. I know there are a few that post here that have done DIY's on other sites and just link them instead of re-writing the entire thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts