Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often does the transmission fluid need changed?
Is Scion as specific about what kind of transmission fluid it needs as Toyota is?
I'm a heavy foot when it comes to driving and I like the get up and go. Is there a specific transmission fluid anyone could recommend?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Transmission fluid isn't like engine oil, it isn't subject to combusion contamination. Transmission fluid will be affected by excess heat build up which isn't likely to happen as long as your engine doesn't overheat the engine coolant.

I don't have the owners manual in front of me, but I believe most people will not have the xB long enough to worry about changing the automatic fluid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drive a manual. I am not a mechanic, but my brother is (license and all). I'm coming up on 25,000 miles. Is it even necessary to change the fluid so soon?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi again,

ok so i got my schedualed maintenance guid next to me and it goes up to 120,000mi and no talk of repalcing the tranny oil just visual inspection to look for leaks.

some people will say change it some will say wait and some swear that the reason they blew a tranny is cuz they changed(themselves and didnt screw the plugs in tight) the fluid/oil whatever.

so all this too say its a personal decision like i mentioned before you don't HAVE to it's a question of if you WANT to.

I say go for it if you do mostly city driving but that's me......

·
Registered
240 Posts
It actually depends on how you drive. If drive in a severe conditions, I would change it between 30K to 60K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.