Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an '08 XB 2 years ago and had the TRD CAI, muffler, and sway bar installed by the dealer. Just thought I'd share my experience. The muffler looks and sounds great, wish it was a bit louder though. I can maybe tell a slight increase in power, but it's not very noticeable. The CAI looks great when you pop the hood, and I like the front bumper scoop. However, you have to remove the bumper to get to the air filter! Seriously, I can think of better things to do with 2 hours of my Saturday than taking out and cleaning my air filter. If you are looking for a new intake, I would recommend finding one that does not go all the way into the bumper. The sway bar turned out to be a P.O.S. After only 2 years, it snapped in 2 and now the dealer is charging me 95 bucks to remove it!

·
Registered
781 Posts
ruselw said:
Bought an '08 XB 2 years ago and had the TRD CAI, muffler, and sway bar installed by the dealer. Just thought I'd share my experience. The muffler looks and sounds great, wish it was a bit louder though. I can maybe tell a slight increase in power, but it's not very noticeable. The CAI looks great when you pop the hood, and I like the front bumper scoop. However, you have to remove the bumper to get to the air filter! Seriously, I can think of better things to do with 2 hours of my Saturday than taking out and cleaning my air filter. If you are looking for a new intake, I would recommend finding one that does not go all the way into the bumper. The sway bar turned out to be a P.O.S. After only 2 years, it snapped in 2 and now the dealer is charging me 95 bucks to remove it!
I bought an '08 in Jan 2008. I modified my OE intake into a CAI so I can't speak for that, but I do know you can go for MANY thousands of miles before there's need to clean the TRD CAI filter. Guess I don't really see the hardship there. If you want a loud exhaust, there're lots of options on the market, those that want a relatively laid back and good looking exhaust seem to find the TRD to be fine. Trick is to do a little research before buying.

How well the original TRD sway bar holds up appears to depend heavily on the style of driving. If the car is typically driven hard through curves, it appears it's entirely possible for either a bar weld or the bar itself to break. If the car is driven in a relatively typical fashion (like mine), then there's no problem. It's actually very rare for one of these bars to have a problem, but that's probably due to it being relatively rare that people drive an xB2 that hard through curves -- most people don't really view it as a performance vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.