Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to install AEM bypass valve with TRD cai??? If someone did, can you post some pics.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The AEM bypass valve goes on the CAI tube. It is to prevent water from being sucked up into the intake manifold and causing hydrolock. If the end of the intake tube gets submerged, the increase in suction causes the valve to open to let air in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I'm talking about zinger. TRD CAI for tC 2005-2006 had the AEM bypass integrated, as shown in this picture:

I just want to see if someone out there has done with our TRD CAI:

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
That's what I'm talking about zinger. TRD CAI for tC 2005-2006 had the AEM bypass integrated, as shown in this picture:

I just want to see if someone out there has done with our TRD CAI:
Hey can u post a pic of ur xb I'm thinking of getting nf springs with 16" rims but not sure but I see u have that set up u mind helping me out please

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now I don't have any good picture after the NF's... But I hope this weekend I should take some and I will post it up for sure.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Has anyone tried to install AEM bypass valve with TRD cai??? If someone did, can you post some pics.
Sorry that I can't help on the AEM bypass pictures....but installation should be a snap...will require cutting out a part of the tube where the AEM bypass is installed. Good move...could save you some big bucks...this from someone who has hydrolocked a xB2.

Brewski

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally done! I installed the AEM bypass (3'') into the TRD CAI. I cut about 2 - 1/8'' of the pipe. Here are some pics:

Now I have a little more peace of mind :)

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Good job! :)

Brewski

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Brewski!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.