Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
It looks soo good! And it's a nice thing that it's weighted. I guess mate that up with the quick shifter and the NST shifter bushings, you'd have a mean shifting machine! I dig my NST bushings. :D

I may have to get the quick shifter and knob combo... Although I'm not a fan of carbonfiber.

· Registered
474 Posts
O.K. I'll bite...what the heck is a NST shifter bushing....what does it do for ya....and is it an easy install? :confused:

Brewski
08 xB with TRD Quikshift

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brewski said:
O.K. I'll bite...what the heck is a NST shifter bushing....what does it do for ya....and is it an easy install? :confused:

Brewski
08 xB with TRD Quikshift
Where the two shifter cables attach to the transmission, there are rubber grommets or bushings. The NST bushings are stainless steel instead of rubber, and add to more precise shifting, removing some of the slop. Some other manufacturers sell brass ones.

Install should be pretty easy. NST's website www.nonstoptuning.com has installation instructions.

· Registered
474 Posts
Maytag...thanks for the NST link...but, having installed the TRD QuickShift kit and that degree of difficulty...and perhaps having to remove the TRD tower strut as well as the CAI I'm not sure I'm going for the bushings at this time. Really quite happy with the shift kit as it is now.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have the strut tower brace, but I do have the TRD CAI. Is the strut brace removal required for CAI removal? If so, I agree. The benefit might not be worth it. I also agree that there is a definite shift improvement right now, with the Quickshifter, but without the new bushings. Very precise shifting.

I will be removing my CAI to install the bushings, but it shouldn't be as hard as that Quickshifter was to install. I installed it along with the sport pedal covers, and my hands look like I stuck them in a fish tank full of piranha.

· Registered
474 Posts
Well, I should have looked prior to posting earlier...with the tower strut and CAI installed there should be no problem replacing the bushings. I'll wait and see (from you that have installed the bushings) as to if there is any down side...such as vibration from the engine, transmission, etc....or if there is any real shift gain.

Brewski

· Registered
144 Posts
The shifter bushings are metal bushings that replace the rubber ones out on the motor. They make the shift alot more noticeable and clunky. Instead of being real mushy it makes it a nice clunk into gear.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brewski said:
Well, I should have looked prior to posting earlier...with the tower strut and CAI installed there should be no problem replacing the bushings. I'll wait and see (from you that have installed the bushings) as to if there is any down side...such as vibration from the engine, transmission, etc....or if there is any real shift gain.

Brewski
Brewski, I installed the bushings, and I think the improvement is slight, IF you already have the TRD Quickshifter installed. Without the Quickshifter, it's probably more noticeable. I would say however that there was no vibration increase. My shift lever was actually rock solid with no vibration with the bushings installed.

FYI, I'm selling the bushings in the classified section.

· Registered
474 Posts
(Maytag) Why did you decide to go thru the bother of installing the bushings for one day and then removing them to sell for a lose?

But, thanks for the input...I think I'll just pass on this mod until I see something more positive.

Brewski

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It wasn't much of a bother. Let's call it a $10 experiment......if they sell. It definitely removes all slop from the shifting. I think those without the TRD Quickshifter will see the biggest benefit.

· Registered
144 Posts
I like the shift knob. It looks good.

The shifter bushings make a big difference when you do them by them self. I have had them on mine for a while now. Now I have not done the SSK yet so I do not know how the two work together. That is coming for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.