Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I,m thinking about adding this to my 09 xb can anyone lend any advice. does don'ts
i will have the dealer do the install to much work & no time! LOL

Semper Fi,
Joe

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I got it and REALLY like it.
It is VERY clean and the design has SOME Ram air features.
My RPMs at 80 are a bit lower than they used to be, not sure how that affects mileage, but should help some.
It also has "freer" revving and a LOT of noise under full throttle, but little noise under normal to mid-throttle.

I REALLY like it and would gladly buy it again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice on the CAI.

i'm also looking to do swaybar and strut supports any advice on these would be appreciated!

thanks, Joe

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Personally I would purchase in THIS order:

Rear sway (or sway set) -HUGE impact on handling! This SHOULD be stock by Toyota and NOT add-on/aftermarket!
Intake -More power
Strut Bar -Less impact than the above

·
Registered
254 Posts
i want.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
As the TRD design has a "cup" that is above the top of the intake (the intake pressurizes the corner), you'd need to hit close to a foot deep puddle to have water issues. It is actually not too much lower than stock, just a much, much better design.

I have a TRD CAI, have been impressed w/ the engineering, and have driven w/ it, at speed, in VERY heavy rains. No problems what-so-ever!

·
Registered
318 Posts
TartanJack said:
I got it and REALLY like it.
It is VERY clean and the design has SOME Ram air features.
My RPMs at 80 are a bit lower than they used to be, not sure how that affects mileage, but should help some.
It also has "freer" revving and a LOT of noise under full throttle, but little noise under normal to mid-throttle.

I REALLY like it and would gladly buy it again.
does that mean you'd buy it for someone else? like me?:p

·
Registered
474 Posts
TartanJack said:
As the TRD design has a "cup" that is above the top of the intake (the intake pressurizes the corner), you'd need to hit close to a foot deep puddle to have water issues. It is actually not too much lower than stock, just a much, much better design.

I have a TRD CAI, have been impressed w/ the engineering, and have driven w/ it, at speed, in VERY heavy rains. No problems what-so-ever!
Stock input is about is approx. 30" above the road surface (snorkel goes down but intake is at above top of radiator)....the TRD CAI is about 15" above the road surface. I had no problem, at speed, with "heavy rain" with my Fujita CAI but $7K damage and the water never got into the interior of the car....So now I have the AEM By pass valve and worry not at all. Wife was driving the car when it happened...she was going relatively slow as she attempted to turn into a parking area....and after surveying the area doubt that there could have been a foot of water at the time.

Brewski

·
Registered
126 Posts
Brewski said:
Stock input is about is approx. 30" above the road surface (snorkel goes down but intake is at above top of radiator)....the TRD CAI is about 15" above the road surface. I had no problem, at speed, with "heavy rain" with my Fujita CAI but $7K damage and the water never got into the interior of the car....So now I have the AEM By pass valve and worry not at all. Wife was driving the car when it happened...she was going relatively slow as she attempted to turn into a parking area....and after surveying the area doubt that there could have been a foot of water at the time.

Brewski
Brewski, do still have the Fujita CAI with the AEM By pass or a AEM CAI with a AEM by pass system? Were you able to keep the Fujita or was it part of the $7K damage?

·
Registered
474 Posts
[/quote]

Brewski, do still have the Fujita CAI with the AEM By pass or a AEM CAI with a AEM by pass system? Were you able to keep the Fujita or was it part of the $7K damage?
[/quote]

xB2_drew

I'm late in getting back to this question. The answer is: I have the Fujita CAI with the AEM Bypass. As for the damage the $7K was for a new "short block"...Fujita CAI was retained...and then modified for installation of the AEM Bypass.

On another note, I found my receipt for the TRD CAI vent...(P/N PTR03-52084; Description: TRD COLD A; Cost: $7.64)

·
Registered
318 Posts
xB2_drew

I'm late in getting back to this question. The answer is: I have the Fujita CAI with the AEM Bypass. As for the damage the $7K was for a new "short block"...Fujita CAI was retained...and then modified for installation of the AEM Bypass.

On another note, I found my receipt for the TRD CAI vent...(P/N PTR03-52084; Description: TRD COLD A; Cost: $7.64)
thanks for the part number. went to my dealer yesterday to get a new rear wiper blade (DON'T not worth the 20 bucks, the blade comes out of the holder and is $5 to replace). the parts guy said they don't sell the vent by itself.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Mine is on the way! Are they hard to install, and is there a DIY for it, up?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Dude. said:
Mine is on the way! Are they hard to install, and is there a DIY for it, up?
:confused: Your "what" is on the way? The TRD CAI?....The AEM Bypass?....The TRD Vent?

Brewski

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.