Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After February 27, 2009 Scion dealers in the US will not be able to purchase Scion Superchargers from TRD.

The Warranty and replacement parts will still be supported at the dealership level by Toyota/Scion.

Customers will still be able buy the superchargers as long as supplies last at the dealership level, but they have been discontinued and are limited to quantities on hand.

Ken
www.trdsparks.com

·
Registered
171 Posts
Glad I didn't buy the xB for speed, but this still sucks. It's always nice to have that as an option. I take it this goes for Scion as a brand, so no more SC for the tC also?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
If I only HAD $4000, I'd be ALL over it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think they are just phasing out the old supercharger to bring in the newly designed one.

This is the cover for march 2009 super street, featuring the RS 6 with red spoiler, red TRD rims, and TRD Supercharger

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Those picts are from the recent Scion ads in tuner magazines (THIS month).

I noticed the irony that they would just START advertising the blower as they dropped it entirely.
As Ken works for a major TRD dealer, I trust what he says on product availability and planning, as told to him by TRD.
That said, I would LOVE to have this just being a transition from one design to another.
I doubt it until further word from Toyota saying as much, but it is possible.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TartanJack said:
Those picts are from the recent Scion ads in tuner magazines (THIS month).

I noticed the irony that they would just START advertising the blower as they dropped it entirely.
As Ken works for a major TRD dealer, I trust what he says on product availability and planning, as told to him by TRD.
That said, I would LOVE to have this just being a transition from one design to another.
I doubt it until further word from Toyota saying as much, but it is possible.
[/quote

Sorry guys, it's not a transition to a different unit. They are literally going to scrap whatever stock is in the warehouse come 2/28/09. It's all about economics and cost of money to keep expensive parts on the shelf. Sometimes it's just better to scrap and take the tax write off. If they weren't selling quickly when the economy was decent, they won't suddently start selling faster in a weak economy.

Ken

·
Registered
476 Posts
Speed cost money, more speed, more money.

The Scion brochure states the following...... The Supercharger may not be sold to the customer at the same time as the new vehicle and may not be FINANCED together with the new vehicle!

I guess they want the customer to pay for the Supercharger with "out of pocket" money after you purchase the car. So, the young customer would buy it "IF" they could roll it into the monthly payment, the older customer has the money, but doesn't want to add 20 percent to the purchase price.

I think Scion was dreaming when it comes to adding a Supercharger to a lower end (price) vehicle in large enough numbers to be cost effective to produce.

How about the requirement of using higher octane gasoline, more money to spend!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree. If they had the SC as an option financed into the loan they may have sold more. I wonder why they chose to go that route? Maybe trying to save themselves the extra warranty work?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Thanks, Ken.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So if TRD is taking away the superchargers, is there any way to increase the HP of the XB? do any of you know of an alternative to increase the HP? do many of you find that the 158 hp is not enough?

Thanks for the input guys

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.