Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I picked up an issue of of Dsport magazine tonight. Not because of the asian chick in bikini in front of the impreza(seriously thats not why). I picked it up because it came with a free dvd of drifting, drag, and other types of racing. Anyways as I was flipping through it I found an article on the gen2 xB. They took the xB and dyno'd it with no mods, then with the TRD exhaust and then added the TRD intake. They said the biggest surprise was the WHP stock. The hp stats given are 158hp at the flywheel. Usually a vehical losses 15% hp by the time it gets to the wheels. That means the xB should produce about 135hp at the wheels. Instead they recorded a whp of 146.2. After they added the exhaust they got a peak hp of 147.6 at the wheels. They did state however that at around 4700rpm they saw a 5hp gain. Then they added the intake. With the two items installed they got a peak hp of 150.2. There was a 5hp gain around 4500rpm. They also stated that due to the desing of the intake having a ramair effect the hp would increase with the vehical in motion whereas it was stationary for the dyno tests.

·
Registered
14 Posts
so based on that would you buy TRD intake and exhaust? TRD exhaust is just a catback or axle back? does it go after resonator or after cat?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah I don't plan to go with them. Just thought it was interesting info to pass on to everyone. I am going with a different intake and the borla dual exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts