Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jacked this from another thread. but check it out :eek:

"This will be available in about 6 to 8 weeks. A new design using a flat panel air filter inside a new TRD Airbox rather than the regular cone type filter. Nice throaty sound on full throttle. Comes with the a sleek vent that replaces the factory one. And the best part is it is 50 State Legal. "

I'm diggin the vent, that will be awesome for any CAI that will sit in the fender

·
Registered
5 Posts
please post more info about this intake if possible!! how does it work? where is everything? b the side vent? where did the box go?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I know is that it will be released in Sep. no word on pricing either. From what I understand, the filter "box" will be tucked into the fender (hence the vent) and will be 50 state legal. No idea on performance gains from it, I guess we'll all have to wait eh?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Confirmed. It is now available. 349 plus tax (does not include installation) part number PTR03-52082

·
Registered
44 Posts
More info.......

Description:
Emissions-Legal TRD Cold Air Intake

Key Features Include:
* Emissions-legal in all 50 states
* Dyno tests achieved 6 horsepower and 6 foot-pounds of torque at front wheels on test vehicle
* Reusable high-flow, low restriction air filter
* Custom lower inlet grille
* Air filter enclosure designed to ingest cooler air and provide greater air flow

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah he is, called them earlier, they havent gotten them in yet, about 2-3 days so if you're gonna order today, may as well save the money on shipping and just pick ground. (fedex was like 11 bucks to vegas)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just installed this intake last weekend. Pretty simple, just have to remove bunch of crap.

To change the filter I believe you will need to remove the tire, fender well (plastic) and they you *should* be able to access it.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hypnotized said:
More info.......

Description:

Key Features Include:
* Dyno tests achieved 6 horsepower and 6 foot-pounds of torque at front wheels on test vehicle
* Air filter enclosure designed to ingest cooler air and provide greater air flow
does anyone know if you have to cut a hole to install the Custom inlet grille?

·
Registered
112 Posts
yanges said:
Hypnotized said:
More info.......

Description:

Key Features Include:
does anyone know if you have to cut a hole to install the Custom inlet grille?
You do not. You can go out right now and pop out the plate that is there and you will see that it is tabbed. Note that probably requires that you take off the bumper. -Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Installed mine last week...... I noticed 4MPG more driving long distance on the fwy..

·
Registered
110 Posts
how does the trd full intake only produces 6hp, when the k&n short intake produces 9hp? doesn't the trd intake draw in much colder air, and more air, than the k&n one?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts