Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a TRD quick shift from someone parting out their car before trade in. Just curious if many of you are running them, and how much time I should set aside for installation? I have been putting off installing it, because I dread getting it torn apart, and not having time to finish. :rolleyes: Any advice or opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!

· Registered
559 Posts
toyota states 1.5 hours. I read the instructions and it looks really easy, not much needs to be done to physically do it. Just basically depends how mechanically inclined you are and confident you can do the job. Its a pretty easy one so it seems.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's on! It took me 50 minutes in my garage with basic tools.
Pretty slick. Really makes a big difference.

I was hoping it would help with the occasional problem going into reverse, but it hasn't. Is it normal for it to stick out of reverse sometimes? Usually shifting into first then into reverse lets me in, but it is annoying.

· Registered
559 Posts
It's on! It took me 50 minutes in my garage with basic tools.
Pretty slick. Really makes a big difference.

I was hoping it would help with the occasional problem going into reverse, but it hasn't. Is it normal for it to stick out of reverse sometimes? Usually shifting into first then into reverse lets me in, but it is annoying.
awesome!

Mine sadly does the same thing with Reverse. I usually go to first then throw it in second. Im not sure why it does it but it really is annoying.

· Registered
846 Posts
The problem with shifting into reverse (I think) is possibly just the gears not aligning . Shifting into any other gear uses sincronizers,but reverse doesn't have one, so putting into neutral,using the clutch to move the gears then shifting,or just drifting a little bit does the same thing. Hope this helps.
Dale

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.