Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the TRD Quick Shifter today. :cool: And it's the best bang for the buck for the Scion xB I have done. I have done a few, 14lbs 17x8 wheels & sticky 235/45-17's, TRD rear sway, etc.... Now if I could override the DSC full time I would consider a LS Differential. I don't care what anyone else says, this is the way all sticks should shift. And I'm over the hill and on my way down (born in 1959). I read on this web site someone say the TRD Quick Shifter is "notchiness". All I can say is BS!

We have owned a late model MINI Cooper S and now have late model MX-5's / Miata's. My MX-5 has a boat load of susp. mods. I'm now waiting on a builder to put finishing touches on a long tube header with a cat at the end of the collector with pre & post 02's.
The stainless steel header is JetHot (ceramic) coated inside & out, using a header blanket to keep heat in where it should be. The mid-pipe with the cat is coated too, so no need for a rear 02 spacer. So far on P-0420 & P-0421 codes.

Now I need a performance exhaust system for the xB. Anyone know where someone could rent a xB in the North Atlanta GA area. I'm wanting to rent one for a few days so the exhaust builder I know can make some jigs for an exhaust. Anyone know of someone or willing to help?

Thanks,
AZ

·
Registered
266 Posts
I totally agree!! It's the only thing I got from the dealership, and I love it :cheers:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Apparently good for you, in which case great :)! However, I can identify other threads where others where dissatisfied, in which case, not BS. It appears to me it's a question of whether it happens to jell or not. However, congrats on your apparent success :)! As I said earlier, enjoy your xB2 :)!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Apparently good for you, in which case great :)! However, I can identify other threads where others where dissatisfied, in which case, not BS. It appears to me it's a question of whether it happens to jell or not. However, congrats on your apparent success :)! As I said earlier, enjoy your xB2 :)!
Anytime you like to drive a Manual with a Quick Shifter just let me know. I'm willing to bet you like it! If I can't get anyone to loan or find a rental for Enthuza I'm driving to GA myself. :eek:

Lets start a poll, Ok? (if I knew how I would)

1st. I like my TRD Quick Shifter.
2nd. I don't like my TRD Quicker Shifter.

AZ

·
Registered
528 Posts
I like my TRD Quick Shifter. I also replaced the shift cable bushings. I can't complain about it. It is a little notchy, but I really don't mind.
I also have a Weapon-R torque dampener, and I also feel that helped out with the shifting.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I installed my TRD QuickShifter when my 08 xB was about 3 months old...was happy then and still happy now at 41,000 miles. :cheers: As for demographics...I'll be 72 this year...and I still feel like a kid when driving the xB!

Brewski

·
Registered
781 Posts
Anytime you like to drive a Manual with a Quick Shifter just let me know. I'm willing to bet you like it! If I can't get anyone to loan or find a rental for Enthuza I'm driving to GA myself. :eek:

Lets start a poll, Ok? (if I knew how I would)

1st. I like my TRD Quick Shifter.
2nd. I don't like my TRD Quicker Shifter.

AZ
As you can probably imagine, most people who decide they don't like it (usually after living with it for a while) sell it to someone else. One person liking it doesn't really predict how another will decide -- many just find it more notchy than they care for and eventually go back to stock. It's all about what one is comfortable with I guess :)!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.