Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the TRD 'quick shifter'?

The scion web site has virtually no info about it (and a picture I can't make sense of).

What I'm trying to figure out is, is it really an effective short-throw shifter, and how much of a headache is it to install (it's been quite a while since I've wrenched on cars, so I'm looking for easy mods I can do myself).

Thanks!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I installed the TRD Quick Shifter and love it!

Installation is a little tricky...degree of difficulty about 7 with 10 being the most difficult....the most difficult part was removing the OE clip as you are working blind when removing and re-installing it.

Hint...forget the torque wrenches...I did it by feel....also it took me a little bit to realize that Fig E5 is showing the OE clip using a mirror...dah!

When all is said an done...the quick shifter is well worth the effort!

Also did the cargo area cover...and cargo net...most simple...perhaps a 3 at most....did the fog lights and LED tail lights...also most simple...just took my time and followed the installation instructions...

Perhaps the most difficult was the installation of the K&N air filter...which will need to come out if you do the Quick Shifter...dang filter was tough to get seated...silicon spray saved the day!

Good luck...and enjoy!

Brewski (68 years young and feeling like a kid again when driving the xB!)
08 xB

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just installed the TRD Quickshifter. I like it as well. Some folks on other sites say it's notchy. I don't think thats accurate. It's definitely more precise, very rifle bolt-esque. Install wasn't easy due to the confined quarters. Light is your friend, lots of it. Don't drop those small pins or you'll be in trouble. I installed it with the new TRD carbon fiber shift knob, and the sport pedals too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
KarlElvis said:
While we're on the topic, has anyone changed out the shift boot? I just ordered new one from http://shiftstyle.com to replace the cheap stock one, but now I'm wondering how much trouble install is goin' to be.
I actually read this post the other week, and ordered a boot from them (black carbon fiber w/ red stitching) and got it about a week later. It was about $38 shipped. The only thing that was somewhat tricky was reusing the staples that held the old boot to the plastic frame. I used a pair of good needle nose pliers, and some patience. all said and done it came out great...took me around 30 mins from start to finish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.