Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2009 XB and wanted to get a TRD Rear Sway Bar that suddenly came off the option list.Heard there were some problems with the hardware. I can still purchase the bar at other sites, but wonder if this would still be a problem. Anyone have any problems or comments?

Regards and thanks

T

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, I am shopping the Sway bar as well. I read this and call TRD USA to confirm. The guy told me they will have a new one out but don't know when. So if we want the TRD, we will have to wait I guess.

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, I heard several people recommended Hotchkis sways, my concern is, does it ride too stiff which I don't want to since I won't be the only one in my car all the time. Also, the steering wheel is kind a light even with the TRD springs on, would the Sways make it tighter? Also I read that you have the TRD springs with Hotchkis sways together, how is that working out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh, if I decided to get the Hotchkis sway bars, do you think dealer would install it for me or it is consider after market? May be I better off find a local car shop to do it, probably cheaper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
The ride is definitely a lot stiffer. its a little bouncy on some roads, but on smooth roads it rides like a champ. It corners great compared to the stock set-up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.