Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the TRD exhaust/sport muffler on my xB but it is too quiet. After investigating I see there is still another factory muffler in place. So my question to you guys and girls is where can I find a midsection pipe to be able to eliminate that other factory muffler? That is if they have anything out there like that. I do feel that if I am successful at finding this I will probably get the sound that I am looking for.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You sure that "mid muffler" isn't your catalytic converter? You shouldn't remove that. I have heard somewhere that the cat's on the scions were already high flow but I have no proof to back that..

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
if its just an exhaust note your after have you thought about putting the stock exhaust back on and then replacing rear muffler with a straight pipe?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Look into the Borla axle back single pipe. It will be (functionally) the same as your TRD but be much louder if that's what you're going for. The TRD is only an axle back so no mid pipe work needed really. There are S-Pipes available that will/should work with your setup right now but sound is hit or miss. Also, check your state emissions policies. Some states won't give you many options for exhaust.

My suggestion, get the Borla axle back. It will give you more sound and be the easiest to install yourself. For the price you can get for the TRD you can probably cover the cost of the Borla.

Borla Exhaust System: Scion xB 2008 - 2011 (xB2)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
The "scuba tank" is a high-flow cat and silencer for the system. From what I've heard/read it isn't really all that restrictive BUT is the primary element keeping the many exhausts from sounding too loud or like crap.
My own exhaust is now a pipe bent to match the original curves of the stock pipe. The end result sounds like the "vintage" 4-banger sports cars, in short REAL nice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what i am looking for. That real nice tone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.