Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a set of trd springs for $50. Never installed. Fronts went in great (minus a nice cut on my pinkie from the metal under the wiper cowl. Be warned.) got to the rears. And no matter how we tried, they didn't fit. At all. Did some research and realized the part numbers were wrong. I have rear springs for a celica. Guy I bought them from got them from te scion display case at te dealership he was working at before they tore it down. He offered to buy them back right away. I don't want that, so now we are looking frantically. Does ANYONE have a set of REAR only trd springs. Anyone?! My front looks great. My rear is way in the air. All #fdau if you catch my drift. And if anyone is looking for PTR07-2000r, I have them....

·
Registered
457 Posts
While it might not be idea you could also run a set of 1st gen rear springs to even things out. I'm not sure if it is enough drop to equal the TRDs but it would be closer than the stock 2nd gens and they are more available than a rear only set of TRDs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Will he buy back the celica springs or can you sell the celica springs and just buy some TRD rears online?

Must the rear springs be TRD? I've seen entire sets of off-brands for like $70 on ebay. If it were the entire coil-over or suspension set I'd see why you would want a matching pair but springs are just coiled metal, can't be a huge difference in quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.