Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evening Guys,

Been feeding $600-$800 / month on gas to my monster Tundra, so figured it best to get a more fuel efficient vehicle as my daily driver. Found an 08' BSP w/ TRD SC, exhaust, rims, and springs....great platform to start with! Picked it up 2 weeks ago and been saving mucho $ with the much better mpg! Going for a sporty VIP hybid look.

Mods so far within 3 days:
1. 50% on sides and 25% on the windshield.
2. Buddy at Axis hooked me up with a 19" EXE staggered setup: 8.5 F & 9.5 R with 235/35/19 & 265/30/19 rubber.
3. Cf shorty antenna.
4. Broadway 300mm mirror.

Next:
1. Kenwood NAV, Infinity Kappa components, subs?? reverse camera, Dynamat all doors.
2. Clazzio diamond stiched seat covers with matching suede headliner and pillars.
4. LED swap out, exterior door LED mod, LED side marker, LED footwells.
5. Halo headlamps, LED tail lights, LED turn signals, LED door sills.
6. Paint interior trim.
7. 55W 7000K HID hi & reverse / 35W lo / 3000K fogs.

More pics to follow as the build evolves.

At the dealer:

Cleaned up and purdy! 50% on sides and 25% tint on the front is perfect for me. Notice the more aggressive rear deep dish! Stance is a bit higher than I would like, but as a daily driver, better keep it this way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I wanna see the engine and check out the SC!
Here ya go:

cf shorty antenna

A shot next to big brother before grill and headlamp swap:

also you can't put HIDs in halos, you'll melt the plastic.
Correction: Halos are CCFL, projector, hi beams, and reverse lamp are 35W, 55W & 35W respectively, both 8,000K. I'm running the same setup in the Tundra as well.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I love those rims...oh, wait. Welcome to the site. We all love our B's. That truck is really nice, too. I was an off-roader before my first B. I hated giving up the "lift" but it had to be done. My sig was: "I used to play in the dirt. Now, I play in the street."

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Man, that is one sweet ride!!
thanks for the props...still has a way to go!

I love those rims...oh, wait. Welcome to the site. We all love our B's. That truck is really nice, too. I was an off-roader before my first B. I hated giving up the "lift" but it had to be done. My sig was: "I used to play in the dirt. Now, I play in the street."
LOL, I still play in the dirt! I haul this baby:

They must have improved the manufacturing on the halos cause I had a set that even said on the package I couldnt put HIDs in them.

That SC looks so bad ***! you should get the mount powder coated a nice accent color.
Yes, been running them in the Tundra for 2 years, and not problem. Yes, powder coated mounts would be sweet!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the halo headlamps and grill in. 8K HID for lo beams, and 55W HID for high. Also installed real cf pillar laminate. Will take some night shots as the rings are super bright.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also installed LED tail lights. Had them sprayed with clear & a drop of black to "smoke" it out. Did the reverse lamp at the same time. btw, 35W HID in the reverse!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Got the Kenwood Nav...it rocks! Avionix amps pushing Infinity Kappas in front and back. Still deciding on which woofers to go with. Also Dynamat the doors...makes a huge difference in sound deadening.

New grill:

Thinkin of painting the grill...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ramdom shot on my driveway, so not actual ride height!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Door sills:

Let there be light!

·
Registered
159 Posts
looks good, looks like its coming along nicely! i like the shifter, lol. id go with massive audio for the subs myself, they are nasty! super clean and very loud.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
what kinda boost numbers you lookin at?
I'm going to assume at factory specs ~7 lbs.

looks good, looks like its coming along nicely! i like the shifter, lol. id go with massive audio for the subs myself, they are nasty! super clean and very loud.
Will look into "massive audio" subs. Not looking to break windows, prefer clean and accurate bass.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Eyes behind my head:

Random pic of a ride height that looks great, but not practical as a dd.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm going to assume at factory specs ~7 lbs.

Will look into "massive audio" subs. Not looking to break windows, prefer clean and accurate bass.
massive audio is competition level audio equipment at very good prices. (competition level top of the line sub is 225 for a 12", substantially less than say a w7) they make good stuff, its what i have in my car, sound really clean and are loud. check out Massive Audio | High performance car audio. or 12 : Amped Performance, inc

another good company i would go with is RE audio. they are on around the same level as massive audio. audiobahn is another really good company i would recommend. but i could talk all day about audio, lol.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.