Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
That would be cool....but i think i'll have to stick with what it has because i have sort of a lead foot as it is... :p..What computer chips have you guys seen that increases mpg and horse. I've seen a couple on ebay but are they really reliable?

Cramz

·
Registered
16 Posts
SOrry if i am being a noob, but didnt Trd say they are making a turbocharger kit for the xb2 as well?
I thought I heard that from somewhere...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I doubt they'd go w/ a new turbo that hasn't been available before, in addition to a supercharger, which is tested, CARB legal, and covered under warranty. AFAIK, it would be more difficult and costly for TRD to do the same w/ a turbo, but I don't know much about forced induction, so I'll leave those details to the pros ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Eric said:
I doubt they'd go w/ a new turbo that hasn't been available before, in addition to a supercharger, which is tested, CARB legal, and covered under warranty. AFAIK, it would be more difficult and costly for TRD to do the same w/ a turbo, but I don't know much about forced induction, so I'll leave those details to the pros ;)
X2 its a no-go on the TRD Turbo.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
So here is the question I have. I love the idea of a supercharger. I currently drive a car that has 195hp now with out a charger. With one, depeding on the stage, I can get anywhere from 250hp to 350. However it costs serious mula for the higher stages and the engine is over 100k. So I worry about what a new charger would do to an older engine. Now that car already has to run on premium gas. The xB can run on regular, but once the charger is intsalled is it required to run on premium? One of the biggest reasons for me to buy a new car is something that has decent mileage and can run on cheaper gas. However I need a bit more then 158hp. The hp I have now is pretty decent. I enjoy driving it and can get out of the way and around obsticals when I need to. So basically 200-210hp would be great. As long as I can still use regular and keep a decent mpg rate.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
So had anybody on here done this yet? I would love to hear what they think. I am hoping that by the time I buy mine I can get it installed and added to the financing price.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'd love to do it, but with a $3200 price point PLUS installation... I don't know if I can justify it right now... considering I AM still a student...

·
Registered
141 Posts
X2 its a no-go on the TRD Turbo.
Don't think we will have to woory about cost on this one Gentlemen!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i just saw this post... a little late... oh well.. so is there really a TRD supercharger out already for the new xb? for both MT an AT?

·
Registered
204 Posts
For like $4k installed!?!?! 40-50hp over stock... thats a bit umm.. STEEP?? Considering SCs and Turbos for the gen1 from names like Greddy and Blitz for around the same price but way more power. I think ill stay off the forced induction list till someone somewhere comes out with a better alternative. World Racing has a turbo kit in production already, but probably closer to $5k installed. Maybe one of these companies will want a prototype vehicle to use in development in exchange for a free kit? LOL :naughty:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Actually that price really isn't that steep. Only one company ever made a SC for the Jetta. Well there were others but only one had the quality and durability to be worth it. It cost $3700 for the stage one which pumped out 58whp. Add another $100 for stage 2, and then another $2500 for stage three. However by the time you got to stage three you were pumping a little over 300hp out of a original 175hp. These of course are uninstall prices. I plan to do my own install. Superchargers aren't that hard to install. Especailly these new types that bolt-on and run off the drive belt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts