Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought them yet? Any word on they're performance? I was considering getting them if they improved my handling, but not sure. Anyone?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm going to go with DF210 on stock shocks and struts and once those give out probably go aftermarket, maybe TRD. The valving will most likely be better on the TRD, though perhaps a bit harsh with the combo of lower, stiffer springs and less give on the valving.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
eviljack said:
After the stiffer ride in my Jetta I am used to it. Plus my jetta was never as rough as my jeep was.
i owned a CJ7 and i really never thought of the ride as rough in it - i guess cause it was a four wheeler plus i had decent size tires on it too. was great for climbing around in Death Valley!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I didn't consider my ride rough either. Well not after I changed the worn out shocks. However compared to some other rides out there its definatly rough. Especially on some of the PA and Jersey roads. These roads suck and a stiff suspension makes you feel it. Yet when I had the Jeep in NC I never noticed anything. Ride was so smooth and nice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have these in my B.. not really that much improvement in handling. Its definitely stiffer than stock, but really any aftermarket performance shock is going to be stiffer. Its still a comfortable overall ride, you do feel the bumps and holes a bit more. Ive got the sway bar and strut bar too.. so my overall improvement of ride could be attributed from any of those. For the money, like low $400s.. Id probably would have gone with some Tokico HPs instead, reason I got them is cuz I could incorporate into new car price and pay at 8% over 5 yrs lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts