Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There really needs to be a dumbass test for drivers when it comes to parking. Some person parked in a non-parking spot, so that I had to move to the edge of the parking lot to get by. And just as I did tree branches grazed by C-Piller on the passenger side and left scratches. I think they will come out with some Scratch-X but I really hate that I have to do that. :mad:

· Registered
326 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I think if they did do a "dumbass test" the only ones on the road legally would be us Xb'ers :rofl:

· Registered
4 Posts
I get so exhausted driving everyday for everyone else on the road. I one more person almost runs me off the road, I might snap! Oh yeah. Viva La XB!!

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
They don't mix well with chain-link fences, either. I guess that person who parked illegally didn't feel like walking the extra 50 feet or so it would have taken had they parked in a legal spot.

At work we'd call that kind of person a LAMF. Not a nice thing to call someone :fish:

· Registered
2,209 Posts
I seriously think that if you could push a button and get rid of the idiots out there 50% of the population would dissapear. Of course this takes into consideration those that are idiots with how they drive and operate their vehicals. Plus you would have to put in a learning curve ration or all young drivers would dissapear.

Wow I just made a simple discussion way to complex.

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
eviljack said:
...Plus you would have to put in a learning curve ration or all young drivers would dissapear....
...and the problem with that would be? Okay, okay, that was unfair (but I feel better for saying it) :naughty:

Actually a "Dumbass Driver" sticky just for venting might be a good idea.

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I have parked in illegal places before but I always leave room for traffic to safely navigate. I don't propose we get rid of dumbasses, but if there was a test, at least they'd know they needed to study. :lol:

· Registered
141 Posts
MidlifeCrisis said:
Chris-ib said:
If we got rid of all the dumbass drivers I'd be all alone out on the road. ;)
Wait, what do you mean? :confused:

Hahaha, that means that I assume that I'm the only one who knows how to drive correctly. I live on an island where I NEVER do anything wrong. My daughter would call it the island of Den.. Den ial. Cheers

· Registered
72 Posts
I just got a bunch of scratchs on my car as well. (don't ask.) and I've been looking for a way to repair them. None of them were down to the primer. All in the clear coat but some were quite bad. I was about to take the car to a detailer to have the damage repaired but did some searching and found this stuff

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UVUAFO

I just got done applying it to my car and I just have to say WOW. I can't see any of the scratches anymore and the paint looks like new and I've not even applied the second sealer yet. This was just with the filler.

Highly recommended.

· Registered
741 Posts
I hope your right as I just ordered this stuff to get rid of a couple of scratches that are driving me nuts. Other people haven't mentioned them yet, but I know where they are and I can't wait to get rid of them.

· Registered
21 Posts
All that is a waste of money. Glorified snake oil in a sense. It is just a cheap paint sealant that fills the scratch with poly then after a week or two, or a car wash, the sealer will dissolve.
There is only one way to remove a light scratch in the finish,if it's not into the color coat and that is by sanding and polishing the clearcoat scratch out.
A great rule of thumb is if you can "catch" the scratch with the edge of your fingernail then the scratch cannot be polished out toa 100% repair.
Sealers are fillers...fillers are NOT permanent.

· Registered
72 Posts
well I've used the stuff to fill in the scratch and I've washed the car now twice and I've not had it come off yet.

I did deviate a little from the directions. I used both tubes as described and got the areas looking good. I then applied a high quality wax to the area really buffing it in. I was not able to buff out the scratches with the wax before this. Now it looks perfect and has survived the car washes. Sure I may need to fill it again if I don't keep up on the waxing.

· Registered
741 Posts
Hey Lost, I have the stuff. Just waiting for it to warm up in order to try it out. 30 degrees is a bit cool to do this. I'll let everyone know how it worked. Come on spring.

· Registered
72 Posts
I think the key, and it's what consumer reports said in their review of the product, is to make sure that after any of these "repair" systems you apply a good coat of wax. I first tried a buffer with wax on the damage on my car and I could not get the scratches out of the clear coat. That's when bought this stuff after reading about it on consumer reports. I applied it with the included cloth using the first tube, allow to dry, wipe off, applied tube 2, used clean cloth to polish, allowed to dry, then used a buffer with quality wax and the damage is no longer visible and has survived so far thru a car wash and several days of rain storms. I know the directions on the first tube call to wipe with a wet cloth but for me that seemed to remove the product so decided to use it like a wax.

I was really worried I was gonna have to go to a detailer and have the clearcoat fixed. This $13 bottle so far looks to have saved me a lot of money :) If all I gotta do is keep up with the waxing I'll do it.

I did have 1 scratch that was really deep into the clear coat. It was the scratch that was in the car when I bought it. The dealer refused to touch it and said the only way to fix it is to repaint the panel and they refused to do it. I've not yet decided to try the wet sanding repair that the manual talks about. I have no doubt after dealing with it on the other scratches that it would work but I wanna see how well the "repair" weathers before I go to the panel with sand paper. heh.

I hope you have as good a luck as I did with it. The scratchs I got out looked like someone took a low grit sandpaper to the rocker panel dulling it all up down the entire right side of the car. Now you can't even tell.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.