Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I ordered TSW Jaramas for my son's 2008 xB2. Front wheels are 19 x 8 and the rears 19 x 9.5. My vendor has recommended 235-35-19 tires all around. He will also be installing my TRD springs and Hotchkis sway bars. Can anyone tell me if I can expect any rubbing issues and whether or not I will need wheel spacers? If so, what size would you all suggest?

Thanks!

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::eek::cool:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
40 mm should be good, i would have went 225/40 and 235 in the rear. just because the 235 will be big up front and well the bigger tire in the rear will even look more staggered. just dont get directional tires so you can rotate to the other side. i will be running 18x8 +35mm in the front and +35 and 18x9 in the rear. you should be golden. lucky son, did you get the black or the all chrome. :cheers:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JRINCON17

I should have said that....yes...the offset is 40 for both front and rear wheels. I was planning on getting Kumho ECSTA SPTs.

My son is a great kid....love him to death and no, he is not spoiled. Never asks for anything, doing well in school, and he is an accomplished athlete as well.

I just wanted to reward him with something I never had at his age. Besides, I get to drive his "toy" once in a while up until he gets his license next year :p.

BTW, he opted for the HyperSilver wheels.

Thanks for the info!

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::eek::cool:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All the best to you......having a kid is a life changing event but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Some priorities may need to change but in my case I have never looked back. My wife and I are blessed to have such a great son. I have always had a passion for cars so I hope that I will pass that on to him by working together to mod his xB.
:cheers:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phobic: Nice set up......just finished looking at your pics. Your ride really stands out......nice work! I have a long way to go......:cheers:

JRINCON17: Where can I see some pics of your Box???

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Enjoy! They are nice. One of the things I looked for when I was thinking about new rims was how easy will they be to clean for shows. Those look a little complicated. Just saying...
Totally agree with you.......we have our work cut out for us. I had my heart set on Axis Decades but 1) they are hard to find (discontinued), and 2) they were more complex than these TSWs. I figured the TSWs are only five spokes so that would make them easier to clean. What will be tough are the hex head bolts......time to stock up on Q-tips :p.

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::eek::)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey thats kinda personal huh? haha. right here ! I will be going with something like phobics, a red graphic, i think on the bottom as well. I think !
I like the theme you are going with......I think the red on black graphic(s) will "pop" and make your xB stand out. What did u use to paint the heat shield? It looks great and I want to do something similar.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Cleaning the rims is something I didn't really think too much about when I bought mine, but I got an amazing deal! My Konigs are essentially 15 spoke black and silver with a bunch of extra contours and curves. The ones you have ordered will look great!

I know first-hand how happy and lucky your son is. My parents bought me my used '09 Blackberry Crush Metallic xB a few months before my 17th birthday. Now I'm 18 and have had a blast modding it, meeting new people, and telling people about my car! I've done one show and plan to do more this summer. All of my mods have been paid for by me except for a pair of speakers and Sirius Satellite Radio I believe (birthday/Christmas presents otherwise). Plus, installing the mods you buy is half the fun! My parents are very supportive of me and my love for my car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.