Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyway to disable the traction control? I push the button and it turns off until my tires chirp and then it turns right back on. This $#!t is annoying, I want to be able to take full advantage of the torque the engine can deliver. Any suggestions?:rockon:

· Registered
266 Posts
You need to hold the button for like 10 seconds with your car stopped. It will disable the traction control totally!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
That WILL annoy the **** out of everyone around you . . .

I've never heard that having anything to do with traction control.

· Registered
80 Posts
as well as vsc i believe thats what its called. otherwise its set to turn back on at 35

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
VSC does turn on automatically at 35. At one time, I tried to intentionally turn it off for aggressive mountain driving. As I often take turns at 45 or more, it didn't stay off.

· Registered
80 Posts
i pressed and held for about 10 seconds and traction controll and vsc off light come on. i snapped threw a left turn through an intersection at 47ish-exit at like 42ish. but the tc and vsc stayed off. but i got caught. lucky it was a warning. cop smiled and said "you know the average guy would have probably kept goin straight around that turn, take it easy on the road man dont let me see you do that again" talk about a heart attack

· Registered
28 Posts
Yup, hold the TRAC button until you see the VSC Off light indicator come on. I couldnt believe I was spinning the wheels on 2nd gear while going into the freeway with a slight right turn. LOL!

· Registered
80 Posts
almost lost it on up hill clover on ramp. had it pitched for a good 3-4 seconds but lost all speed. i need limited-slip diff: )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.