Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a new tv and ps3 in my car ut the people that put it in said i needed an fm transmiter to hear the sound from the ps3. but the ps3 doesnt have an audio jack like for headphones. i need helppppppppppp. iwas thinking about the hdmi with the other end being a usb and pluggging that into the usb in the xb. but idk if it would work or not and i dont want to go buy one and have it not work . pleez help.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here it is. everythings fine but i gotta get sound

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks anyway bro.

·
Registered
647 Posts
All stock audio equipment?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i keep the video one going to the tv? and then the sound ones going to the h/u? how is it set up in the back of the headunit? ill probably just tell the people who put it in to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
well my headunit has a video in and a video out, since its a DVD player as well. I have my xbox/ps2 hooked up to the AV inputs and then I have the single video output going to a video amp. From the video amp I can run up to 9 monitors, I have 8.

this allows whatever Im playing on my xbox/ps2 to run through the headunit and get sent through all the monitors, and also allows me ot play DVDs from the HU out to all the monitors.

get it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the stock h/u

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
f my ****.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ya, unfortunately hes right, to a point. the best way to do it is the way he outlined, that gives the best sound and wont interfere with anything. however there are FM transmitters out there that use an RCA input. the output from the PS3 would go to the input on the transmitter and then get transmitted to the radio. i believe they are made by terk. they are designed for satellite radio direct connect but would work in your situation.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think i may just get a new headunit with dvd and shizzle

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got it workin. they had an rca with the auxillary end. to plug into the auxillary jack and now it plays through my speakers.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
will do. not for a little while tho. what about some speakers tho? i do want new speakers before the end of the year.

·
Registered
159 Posts
will do. not for a little while tho. what about some speakers tho? i do want new speakers before the end of the year.
all 4 or just 2? lmk what you're looking at and i can get you a quote

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
all 4 door speakers. maby 60 to 70 dollar range.

·
Registered
658 Posts
all 4 door speakers. maby 60 to 70 dollar range.
A piece or total? If total, I would say just wait until you have some more coin. $70 total isn't going to be worth it in the end unless speaker prices have dropped since I last knew. Not trying to give you a hard time, just thinking you'll end up with a pretty darn similar speaker to what you have with that budget.

Just my $0.02

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.