Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The brake light is out on my TYC tail lamp. Are these LED bulbs replaceable? Anyone else have this problem? I bought these in May of 2008 so it sure seems like an awfully short lamp life :(

· Registered
141 Posts
need to go to dealer to replace lens!!! Should be under warranty so don't panic yet!! Mine were covered and I bought them from TRD Sparks!!! They never gave ma a diagnosis but said it was probably an internal wiring problem!!

· Registered
528 Posts
I replaced my set that was around 10-11months old. I purchased mine from www.newscionparts.com (Carson Toyota), but my local dealer said that if I had my receipt (which I did, WOO!) I'd be able to get a new set on warranty. Luckily enough they had them.
I noticed on TRD Sparks' website, they had/have the TYC's discontinued. It appears that they do have some replacements available now, though.
I'd still be a little leary. I check mine every week. If they end up being out of warranty and failing, I may take mine apart and try to diaganosis the problem.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to run by a dealer this week and see what happens. Figure it's better to drop in rather than call. I bought them on ebay but it was a dealer who sold them so I'll take a receipt in case they ask. It has been 18 month so I don't know

· Registered
240 Posts
Yeah, try calling or go to the dealer, and asked about this problem. It's unusual to have LEDs go out, they are usually last more than the life of the vehicle. But, also, there are few that DO NOT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.