Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UHP Tires noisy? I have a 2015 Xb and it has Kraze 18" mags and UHP racing tires. The tire noise (I think) makes the car sound like there is a wheel beating or transmission problem. I wonder if I got factory wheels and tires if it would sound normal. Anyone else experienced this?
Thanks
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
55 Posts
UHP Tires noisy? I have a 2015 Xb and it has Kraze 18" mags and UHP racing tires. The tire noise (I think) makes the car sound like there is a wheel beating or transmission problem. I wonder if I got factory wheels and tires if it would sound normal. Anyone else experienced this?
Thanks View attachment 10700
I have 225/40-18 on mine now and I get that same experience under braking but not otherwise. Brakes are okay, pads replaced last year. Now I used to run 205s & 215s and never got this.
Maybe it’s the width and pattern that’s causing my noise….

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 225/40-18 on mine now and I get that same experience under braking but not otherwise. Brakes are okay, pads replaced last year. Now I used to run 205s & 215s and never got this.
Maybe it’s the width and pattern that’s causing my noise….
Thanks. I just noticed my post had the word "beating" instead of "bearing". Mine are 225/40R18. The noise is way louder when braking.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Tires can easily make a difference in sound. The harder the tread, longer the tread life can generally lead to louder tires, essentially the cheaper brands. I have run Nankang on my 18 aftermarket wheel, and they suck. Achilles tires always we smooth but the tread life wasn‘t very good, and they are pretty much sold out every where in 225 and 215. I’m trying my hand at the Delinte tires so far the fronts sound nice, traction isn’t great untill the get a few miles on them. I’ll be running them in the rear soon. But I am 215/40/18 stretched/stanced setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts