Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UHP Tires noisy? I have a 2015 Xb and it has Kraze 18" mags and UHP racing tires. The tire noise (I think) makes the car sound like there is a wheel beating or transmission problem. I wonder if I got factory wheels and tires if it would sound normal. Anyone else experienced this?
Thanks
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
55 Posts
UHP Tires noisy? I have a 2015 Xb and it has Kraze 18" mags and UHP racing tires. The tire noise (I think) makes the car sound like there is a wheel beating or transmission problem. I wonder if I got factory wheels and tires if it would sound normal. Anyone else experienced this?
Thanks View attachment 10700
I have 225/40-18 on mine now and I get that same experience under braking but not otherwise. Brakes are okay, pads replaced last year. Now I used to run 205s & 215s and never got this.
Maybe it’s the width and pattern that’s causing my noise….

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 225/40-18 on mine now and I get that same experience under braking but not otherwise. Brakes are okay, pads replaced last year. Now I used to run 205s & 215s and never got this.
Maybe it’s the width and pattern that’s causing my noise….
Thanks. I just noticed my post had the word "beating" instead of "bearing". Mine are 225/40R18. The noise is way louder when braking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts