Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i installed a weapon r header, s-pipe, and strup cat back. i was not able to get the hangers off so i cut them off( it was cold out and fingers not working lol) and im using :xcough.zip ties...cough...intell my new hanger come in the mail. well the scuba tank was resting on this bar and making all kinds of noise. i trid to get the pipe higher but the zip ties dont work to well...so i took the bar off. hope it was nothing major. atlest for now lol.

· Premium Member
2,527 Posts
if this is the piece I think it is, its off around the center of the underbody and is held in by 4 bolt, then its called the underbrace. You can even get an after market one from tanabe for like 80 bucks. It doesnt really do anything unless you're rally driving or something. Its good to have something there cause it braces the body better, but its not 100% necessary.

Id recommend not leaving it off for too long just in case, cause it might cause issues and if you got into an accident the frame would bend just a bit easier.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
That is a structural brace. It ties together the 2 sides of the exhaust inset area. I'd either put it back or replace it. It also improves the handling and may be important in a side-impact wreck. The structural engineering is designed w/ it there. Without it, the vehicle structure is changed- how much so, I can't say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.