Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a former owner of the 2008... I loved that car other than the fact the 5 speed manual and differential had a lot of whine... and ran at to high of an rpm [email protected]!

Is Toyota ever going to get it right and put a 5 speed auto in. What's the deal with the lame 4 speed. I would buy another one of these cars in a heartbeat if they would get their act together.

· Registered
51 Posts
Does it really matter, that much?

Many 4-banger engines use a 4-speed auto. A 5-speed would only gain a little in terms of mpg, but it all depends on the gearing. The reason the MT does the same as the AT, although having an extra gear.

I am happy with my 29-31mpg average I get during summer.

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
As the former owner of a Honda Element, I'm delighted with the xB's five-speed stick. The Element spun 3500 rpm at 70 mph. There were some fanatical owners who actually tore their transmissions apart and added a sixth gear using Acura parts.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25635&highlight=Speed

I'll have to agree however, in an era of $4/gal gas (it'll be back), it would be nice to lope along the Interstate at lower rpm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.