·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the forum not active anymore?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm guilty! I do more of the technical and Q&A stuff on here because it is less cluttered than the other boards, but I tend to update my build over on ClubxB because it has more members and activity. I'll add the latest updates to my build on here.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
In the last few weeks .,,
I've removed the chrome and am looking at a new look.

Tie fighter? maybe

version where red goes to places chrome used to be

Something else?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am planning on redoing my vinyl hatch wrap and can't wait to install the rs10 shift knob

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
It's just before the holidays . . .
This is a typical car-mod slowdown, always.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah I'm guilty too, I have a few things to post about but I don't have any **** free time. I also could use some money :/ I'm asking for some things for Christmas again. The in-laws go fairly big on gifts. I got my cold air intake partly that way with a couple gift cards. My car is 2.5 years old now and 30K miles, still love to drive it. I have a tire that has a leak - have to fill it up like once a week. I seem to have that on every set of tires I have ever had. Is it just me? I guess I'll bring it in. Winter is ominously hitting here early with cold temps and snow and sustaining so it could be tough one. I didn't get my late-year wax in either. Such is life these days, hehe.

·
Registered
845 Posts
On that note. I got 4 235/40/18 Nitto Motivos the other day. Great tires! Quiet, lots of grip and a 60,000mile warranty too! Got my rear sway bar in, got some shims from Paul to fix the rear toe and a set of 15mm hub spacers to flush the rear wheels. Front brake pads going in over the weekend too. Got some new leds for the interior mood lighting to replace the cheap led strips I have currently. I think that's about all?...

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's true this time of years is a bit of a die down, but some are getting ready for next year's show season. I am in the process of some extreme stereo upgrades, and looking for some lip kit ideas transplanted from another vehicle. And looking for some minor performance upgrades, like throttle body spacer and a scuba delete that I can change in and out when smog test comes around.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I picked up a set of tC2 calipers and cross drilled and slotted rotors. I'm smoothing the calipers right now in preparation for paint. Also started building side panels for the hatch area and a sub enclosure off the rear passenger side. Going to have the hatch rebuilt to remove the tail lights completely and will be relocating the gas filler to where the driver's tail light is now. I think that's all I've got going on right now, in addition to finishing the air ride.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I picked up a set of tC2 calipers and cross drilled and slotted rotors. I'm smoothing the calipers right now in preparation for paint. Also started building side panels for the hatch area and a sub enclosure off the rear passenger side. Going to have the hatch rebuilt to remove the tail lights completely and will be relocating the gas filler to where the driver's tail light is now. I think that's all I've got going on right now, in addition to finishing the air ride.

What are you going to do for tail lights?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I already have a set of big rig LED strips in the hatch pillars behind the rear window. Right now I'm running a Lexan rear window but will be putting the stock one back on after removing it from my original hatch and removing the black out coating where the lights are.

These are the ones I have, Big Rig Chrome Shop - Semi Truck Chrome Shop, Truck Lighting and Chrome Accessories

Once I do that I'll really have to get the new flush rear bumper done. As right now my plate is in the rear window, but once the tinted window goes back it really won't be very visible. Not good when I don't have a front plate at all and I drive past the sheriff's station twice a day.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have to replace my rear bumper cover, it had some damage to it when I bought it, right now it has a giant bandaid sticker on it. Would love to upgrade to the 2014 bumper and tail lights, but that is to expensive right now. I too have be looking at the Corolla S, but not sure what year is going to fit the front better, the side skirts are all, the same size. The wheel has on our XB and the Corolla is the same so we'll have to see what happens next. Gotta find a junk yard with a Corolla that has only rear damage...lol.

·
Registered
601 Posts
On that note. I got 4 235/40/18 Nitto Motivos the other day. Great tires! Quiet, lots of grip and a 60,000mile warranty too! Got my rear sway bar in, got some shims from Paul to fix the rear toe and a set of 15mm hub spacers to flush the rear wheels. Front brake pads going in over the weekend too. Got some new leds for the interior mood lighting to replace the cheap led strips I have currently. I think that's about all?...
All right, I need to get a rear sway bar :) TRD?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hmm thought this forum was still active.
Not sure of the overall popularity of the xB anymore, but here in NYC/LI area I see plenty of first and second gens driving around. Local Scikotics chapter is active but mostly with tC and FRS's.

I actually like my xB, like I assume we all do. I think our cars are pretty awesome and hope a third gen debuts at the NY auto show.

Come spring time I'm getting the eBay spoiler. And I still have to swap the wiper switch.

Happy late Thanksgiving to my fellow US members also.

·
Registered
457 Posts
All right, I need to get a rear sway bar :) TRD?
If you can swing it I really liked the full front and rear set-up from Hotchkis when I ran them. Still would too but with my rear drop axle it put the outer mounting points only an inch or so from the ground. :surprise:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually just purchased a Corolla s 2014 pretty nice just don't like the cvti

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.