Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! So I'm totally new to all of this, but I just got a new (used) 2008 xB from my parents and have already decided that I don't like the current sound system. It has the stock "Premium" sound system, and although it sounds good for the most part I notice that anything below the mid range is pretty much non-existant. Also I really despise pretty much everything about the head unit. I have a friend with a Honda CRV who had a similar sounding stock system, and he added two 10" subs to it to make it sound better. I did a bit of research with my friend, and basically the additions we came up with would be: two 10" Kicker CompVR 2 OHM subs (He has a lower end version), a JL Audio JX1000/1D amplifier, and a Kenwood DDX419 head unit (at least partly for the back up camera option). If anybody has any suggestions, or comments that would be great! Also I'm not sure what I would want to replace the door speakers with, if anything so if you have ideas for that it would be greatly appreciated. Other than the stereo the car is great!

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are endless threads around here to help make that thing sound better. I would start by treating the doors, it will make the biggest improvement. Adding subs to that stock system will drowned it out.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The biggest improvement for me was to replace the stock rear door speakers with separates. I mounted the tweaters up high on the rear doors. There is a HUGE difference in "presence" but slight disappointment with lack of bass gain. Later I added an amplified 8" subwoofer under the front passenger seat. I still have my stock front speakers since they put out decent bass. The sound when sitting in the front row is now really good.

Sound is a personal preference. But a lot of people agree, the xB OEM rear speakers are pretty useless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea our cars seem like the back is really lacking. But there are tons of ways to build up a system you have to think of what you want out of it. Then theres how much $$ you want to spend

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.