Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Years ago, I went to the auto show and they were giving away a Scion key chain in the shape of the TC. I never thought that I would buy a Scion, so I gave them away to people who had purchased a Scion. Now I am looking for a key chain because I just can't get use to the feeling of just one key in my pocket or when holding it in my hand to unlock the doors.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ToasterPilot said:
hang it from your mirror?
I thought of that, but would like something a little more finished.. like embedding it on the dash or mounting it on something, but I'm still stumped. I worry that mounting it on the passenger side dash would be dangerous should the air bag deploy ;)

scion said:
Years ago, I went to the auto show and they were giving away a Scion key chain in the shape of the TC. I never thought that I would buy a Scion, so I gave them away to people who had purchased a Scion. Now I am looking for a key chain because I just can't get use to the feeling of just one key in my pocket or when holding it in my hand to unlock the doors.
PM me your address & I'll send you one like I posted above if you want... and if I can find my spares... my office is a disaster :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
not sure if it will work if it is that small but with some adhesive im sure it would. you could try what i did with my XB emblem i took of my rear door, pop off the plastic cover on the inside of the rear door (the top one where the third brake light is). i just set my XB emblem in there and it fit perfectly right in the middle of the third brake light and poped it back on. now whenever i hit my brakes you see the shadow of the XB in my third brake light. you might want to try that with the scion emblem

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a hundreds of the ratty, cheaper keychains that had the ring inside the logo.. those things broke apart so easily though..

so... i knew a few friends who broke them on purpose and glued them onto and made belt buckles.. there's an idea?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never did anything with this... I tried removing the loop at the top, but while trying to polish the cut area to match the rest, I removed part of the clear coat, then it was down hill from there... It does seem like those flip out keychains would be easier to use. I know I had some, but not sure if I still do.

Now, I have the large Scion logo from my stock grille and I'm trying to think of a good place to use that... any ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
This probably sounds lame, but for the larger emblem, you could glue it on one of your wife"s old leather purses and turn it into a fashion statement ala' Dolce and Gabana.(This would be for her to use, not you). One other idea, glue onto the back of a jean jacket? I must be watching too much" Project Runway". :rofl:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
For the keychain, you could send it to the koolknob guy and get a custom shift knob. You'd have thought they'd have given me a keychain when I bought the car???

What do you have on your 3rd brake light? Decal?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Eric said:
Again, if I can find them... We're redoing our office and there's a bag of Scion swag around here somewhere... ;)
Oh yeah I forgot you posted about your office. I know you already have a shift knob but I think Shancopp's idea is cool. Don't know why I didn't think about it before. Not only could you have the key chain logo embedded into the knob you could also have the knob colored matched to you xB. What size is the actual logo? as long as its no wider then 3 1/2" it will work perfectly.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
hey evil, I thought the guy's site said it could be no bigger than 2"???? That's what I thought I read. Just checking.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Sorry probably should have explained more. I have had talks with this buy before because I was planning a set of custom knobs for my Jeep. The standard round knob can accomidate something up to 2". There is that one stepped knob, the one with the ford logo in the sample page. That one is wider and can except something up to 3 1/2" if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ok, gotcha. He wrote me back and thinks he can make me one no problem. I just need to find some paint that matches. And a good price too!

Thanks for link to his site eviljack!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts