Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local dealership last night just as a guy was giving up his RS 5. He said it had 9k miles and was stick. Thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone was looking for one.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Location would be helpful, should someone be interested.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Dickmilham is also a scion/toyota dealer.

Can't believe you actually saw another 5-speed RS5. I have yet to see one in person. I almost stopped by there on the way home to talk to Carl. He also bought a calender hehe.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually talked to the guy, he just wanted out of the loan. His ex wife picked it out. He bought it there but had it ordered through Manhattan Scion. Carl wasn't there yesterday.

Here's a story for yous. The reason for my visit was because I finally found a license plate frame I liked enough to put it on the box. I go to unscrew the Milham frame and snapped the head off of the cheap *** bolt they used. They were on THAT tight. The other bolt wouldn't budge either.

So I make an appt at the dealer. Explain the scenario. I'm sitting in the waiting room when the "Service Advisor" comes in and tells me it's gonna be about $90 because they have to take the back panel off and go at it from the inside. I wasn't pleased. I tell him it should be done for nothing as I only had the vehicle 15 months and I should have a reasonable expectation to be able to change my license plate myself. Then I mentioned that the dealership was sponsoring our local club and it wouldn't be in their best interests to let me leave unhappy. The bastards still charged me 45 bucks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.