Scion XB Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Grabbed the module today from the junkyard for $5:

It's part #85940-47010 and you can get it on ebay for $9.19 shipped currently.

I reviewed the wiring diagram and I see no reason why I can't just wire this up under the dash to get the intermittent rear wiper working fully.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'm looking forward to this working so I can install it too!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok now that I look in more detail, not so sure. Probably will require running a new wire all the way back there, which I'm not incredibly interested in doing.

There are five wires on the module:

Black (comes from connector a couple of posts up)
Pink (also comes from that connector)

White, green, and blue go to the wiper motor, and on the way, blue runs through a relay (I have no idea where that relay is).

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 wiper mod

I recently purchased a 2014 Scion XB Release Series 10.0
I formerly had a 2008 XB and always wanted the intermittent wiper option. Do you know if the switches listed are compatible with the 2014 model and if not do you have any idea which ones might be?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Swapping the xB wiper with the Prius wiper switch was an easy and awesome upgrade, great idea and thanks to whoever figured it is compatible! For those that did it, do you leave the rear wiper on off or low, since we can only use high anyway?

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
To NYxB: See this thread for how Paul1114 added the jumper wire:
http://www.newscionxb.com/135-do-yourself/8558-var-intermittent-wiper-install-6.html

To all: I've figured out a way to add rear wiper delay on the low switch, you have to wire in an aftermarket wiper delay module. 4 wire connections, all made local to the steering column. I have the module and hope to do that mod in the next week or so. When I get it working I will add a new chapter to my website. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
206 Posts
To NYxB: See this thread for how Paul1114 added the jumper wire:
http://www.newscionxb.com/135-do-yourself/8558-var-intermittent-wiper-install-6.html

To all: I've figured out a way to add rear wiper delay on the low switch, you have to wire in an aftermarket wiper delay module. 4 wire connections, all made local to the steering column. I have the module and hope to do that mod in the next week or so. When I get it working I will add a new chapter to my website. Stay tuned.
Thanks for info, but I'm fine leaving it the way it is with low not doing anything, should be fine, no?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yup it's fine.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wow good stuff!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally did this mod on my 2014 xB - was actually pretty easy. Used BrickPig's write up as well as the previous posts by the other contributors to this post (Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge!).

I used a '09 Prius wiper switch as the donor for the mod and since I'm not very experienced with wiring I emailed BrickPig for some clarification on the wiring and then made a little table to help me keep the connections straight. I used 3M 22ga T-Taps for the connections.

Took me a little longer, but really it's a simple mod. I even did the exact same mod on my 2011 xD - just had to find the ignition wire as it's different on the xD. After doing it on the xB it only took me about 30 minutes on the xD.

Added great functionality to both my Scions - work great and look stock.

Thanks again to all the contributors on this thread as I'd never have figured this out on my own.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I made this upgrade over the weekend on my 2014 using the switch from a Lexus CT200H, part number WP-448 I bought for $30 on ebay. Very easy thanks to the information here.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Var intermittent wiper switch install.

I installed the switch several years ago and it works fine. The only thing I'd like to do now is jumper the first position and second positions to activate the wiper motor. It is just something that you do as an after thought.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts