Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are to many XB's in my town and I need to stand out. Looking to install lambo doors on mine. I have heard that a company VDI makes good bolt on hinges for these. Does anyone have any comments on what are the best and does anyone have or know of any being sold. Looking to get a used set because I am not sure how I will like them.

· Registered
164 Posts
I had vertical doors on my 240. You almost have to make sure you get a kit specifically made for your vehicle. I don't recommend 100% weld on kits because over time those welds will wear out and break. If I were going to re-install vertical doors on a car I'd look for a 50/50 bolt on kit. Part welded part bolt on. Also some kits come with the hydraulic pistons, and some don't, make sure that you get them because I've seen cars that don't have them and they give you a nice creaking sound while you heave-ho a door up.

I haven't looked for any kits for a scion, and after my 240 haven't really been interested in having them again. Not gonna lie, the look sweet as honey and if your car is debadged and your doors are up and some lady at a gas station asks what it is your friend may just blurt out, "It's a Lamborghini." and she will laugh and believe you. (that happened) but they are sort of annoying sometimes for instance when it's windy out, or rainy, or when you don't really want to yell hey look at me and my sweet scion with lots of aftermarket parts.

· Premium Member
709 Posts
Theres a facebook group call scion parts or somwthing similar and a guy just the other day posted a used set of VDI bolt ons for 400 in california

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.