Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
As long as the pieces you want to wrap are smooth it is fine. You just have to make sure you clean all traces of armorall, otherwise it will fail. If you want to remove it eventually, it may leave some glue behind, but using an orange based glue remover will not harm the plastic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
457 Posts
Depends on what you are wrapping, but as 5zero4 said as long as it's smooth then you shouldn't have an issue. I've wrapped my A/C and and window switch panels and had no issue removing the vinyl and have since wrapped them again. Any shop that does body wraps should be able to do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I planned on wrapping my dash and door/trunk panels.... Where did you get your wraps from? I would like to have good quality vinyl wrap that will last without fading or peeling etc... also a wide variety of choices would be nice

·
Registered
845 Posts
Thank you! I planned on wrapping my dash and door/trunk panels.... Where did you get your wraps from? I would like to have good quality vinyl wrap that will last without fading or peeling etc... also a wide variety of choices would be nice

Well I get mine from a wrap supply company, but I'm a business, and they don't sell to the public. But for small quantities, eBay is good. Just stick with the main brands. I like 3M 1080 and Avery supreme wrap. Oracal has some nice colors, but it's not as easy to work with as the others. Avoid the no name Chinese stuff, it doesn't last long. Hexis and Arlon are also ok.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
457 Posts
I also use 3M 1080. As for wrapping your door panels, it honestly is going to be a *****. You will need to do it in multiple piecs due to all the curves and recessed edges, I've done the inner door handles and the trim around them and it was not fun. You will also need to sand down all the texture on the upper portion of the doors and the front of the dash to wrap them.

Just a thought, are you talking about exterior car wrap type vinyl wrap or actual vinyl material that looks like leather? Very different processes for the two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.