Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tried wrapping my side mirrors and came out crappy. Being its my first attempt at doing so, seems this isone of the harder parts to wrap. I ended up getting creases when I got to the edges. So this is where I need help n advice. I used a hair dryer to help with minipulation. And it did help.

I guess this would be a good question for 5zero4, and anyone else who has wrapped theirs.

Would it be easier to just take it apart and do?

Thanx

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Absolutely!
Take it apart!

Just pull it forward.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Well tried wrapping my side mirrors and came out crappy. Being its my first attempt at doing so, seems this isone of the harder parts to wrap. I ended up getting creases when I got to the edges. So this is where I need help n advice. I used a hair dryer to help with minipulation. And it did help.

I guess this would be a good question for 5zero4, and anyone else who has wrapped theirs.

Would it be easier to just take it apart and do?

Thanx
It's easiest to start it on the car and take it off to finish it, cause its a hard thing to to keep a hold of and stretch The vinyl. You just have to take it off first to clean it thoroughly then put it back on. Don't be afraid to stretch the vinyl a fair bit in all directions. You can also cut it with scissors along the turn signal and stretch it flowing the top and bottom edges of the mirror. That way you get less wrinkling around convex curves.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
335 Posts
Heat and stretch the vinyl near the edges first. THEN pull it over the edges, reheat and it will shrink back and take out a lot of the creases on the edge. Most of mine were on the edge on top closest to the window

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeh guys thats what I was thinkin after I did it. Redo... Looked good cept the edges. Figured I shoulda taken it apart.

Steps in doin so or is it just pull it forwardd as you suggest TJ? Effin snap-tite models...

Guess would be a good time to do something with the turn lense if I wanted huh.

·
Registered
335 Posts
It's easy to take off. I start at the top. Just get my nails behind it and pull. It's scary at first, but gets easier after the first time. It's kinda tight at first. Have faith

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was praying someone would call it out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Too floppy means its difficult to achieve the desired affects.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yea. Nothing like that jus saying in this case, the hotter, the floppier

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.