Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car back from the body shop a couple of weeks ago (hail damage repair) and now the VSC and fog lamps don't work.

I suspect a fuse issue.

Can someone point me to the fuse that powers these functions?

I've looked at the files listed on this forum but didn't see it there.

I've looked in the large fuse box under the hood, but no fuse listed there for the fogs or VSC. I looked fusebox under the steering wheel footwell, but there's no fuse layout descriptor there to compare to.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
First . . .
Pop off the panel on the side of the wheel (where the switches are) and make sure they are plugged back in. That may be the case if the dash panel was removed for some reason by the shop.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Second, behind that same panel is another fuse box. Pop the cover off and the fuse map is on the inside of the cover. :)

Third, take it back to the shop and ask them to fix it for you since they broke it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuse issue?

First . . .
Pop off the panel on the side of the wheel (where the switches are) and make sure they are plugged back in. That may be the case if the dash panel was removed for some reason by the shop.
are you referring to the flat panel just above the switches, to the left side of the steering wheel?
I looked at the fuses under the steering wheel but apparently mine does not have the cover any more (i'm 2nd owner) so i can't look at the panel to see what fuse does what.

·
Registered
979 Posts
are you referring to the flat panel just above the switches, to the left side of the steering wheel?
I looked at the fuses under the steering wheel but apparently mine does not have the cover any more (i'm 2nd owner) so i can't look at the panel to see what fuse does what.
I would take a picture of mine for you, but the wife has my xB for the day. If no one posts before tomorrow, I'll try to remember to take a picture or scan in the morning.

·
Registered
979 Posts
The fuse box I was referring to is a big white block under the dash behind the fog and vsc switches. There is a rectangular panel on the bottom about 1.5" by about 6" that comes off to expose the fuses. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that earlier.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, i found it now......i pulled that panel down so i could see the switches (FOG and VSC) and sure enough they were unplugged from the harness. Don't know why the body shop would have any reason to go in there and do that, but i guess they did. I plugged them back in to the harness and wola !! All good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.