Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah me ranting again. Why is it that car companies show us eye candy that we love, but then take all the goodness out of it and give us tasteless crap?

The new VW Scirocco. Its been a big battle for them to get it over here, and finally they are going to make it and sell it in the U.S.
Unfortunatly its gonna start at a base price of $28k, and thats with a 4banger and FWD. God only knows what the VR6 twin supercharged, all-wheel drive will cost.

This is what VW showed us we could have as a Scirocco:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oneighturbo/223809775/

And this is the crap we are going to get:
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.d...CRED=AutoWeek illustration by Radovan Varicak

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I take it you have not seen very many concept vehicles over the years.

The production model is *NEVER* as cool looking as the concept.

That being said, I dont think it looks like crap. It does look familiar, though.
Can't place which car company or model, but it looks familiar..

·
Registered
476 Posts
I like the proto type better then the one that will be built and sold. It does seem kind of silly to spend time and money on a design, show it and then water it down. If the proto type is too expensive or just not buildable, why bother!

I'm getting tired of rounded cars, so I guess that's why I bought a Xb box.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I find it really weird... I mean, it looks like a VW, but at the same time, it doesn't and just seems like it will be a blemish on their fairly consistent line.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one coming out looks like a watered down version of the Chrysler Crossfire. Sort of like they took a clay version of the crossfire, Started molding a new design and stopped cause they got bored. It boring, bland, and just not even close to what the concept looked like.

I realize that concepts are just that, concepts. However lately some car companies have been trying to make there cars as close to the concept as possiable because that what make people like the car. Examples: The new mustang, new camaro, thunderbird, the original Dodge Viper was very close to concept form.

I think what pisses me off the most is that they give us an edgy appealing design. One that makes fans beg for the car to be made. Then give us a bland, boring, overpriced version. I guarentee if the concept had looked like the actual product, there wouldn't have been alot of fan support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts