Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I peeled my A-Pillar a while back, some days I like it, and some days I regret doing it lol. I was thinking that i could probably just plasti dip it? or should I just got to a vinyl shop? I might just leave it the way it is, I just wanted to see if anyone else regrets pulling it, and what my options were

thanks guys!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah bro with a tint like yours, the tape on the pillar makes the whole ride, its like a huge black wrap around window lol.

have you used plasti-dip, how do you like it? I'm curious if the finish when it dries will look like the vinyl that comes on the pillars

·
Registered
782 Posts
Alright so I peeled my A-Pillar a while back, some days I like it, and some days I regret doing it lol. I was thinking that i could probably just plasti dip it? or should I just got to a vinyl shop? I might just leave it the way it is, I just wanted to see if anyone else regrets pulling it, and what my options were

thanks guys!
Don't know what yours is, but peeling depends heavily on the color of the vehicle. Dark colors tend to look good with the A-pillar peeled (perhaps the "B"s as well), but light colors tend to be dicey or even not-so-good. Very much a question of personal taste, but peeling either white or silver is very risky.

·
Registered
372 Posts
yea the plasti dries to a matte smooth finish i did it on my shifter colon outer silver popped it off amd gave it like 3 coats and it looks awesome....its a great cheap alternative to vynl if ur on a budget plus it peels off so its all goood

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
If you or a sign or auto vinyl guy (or gal), they can take a roll of satin black (or a COLOR!) vinyl and make it look factory. Maybe, even better by extending the black areas into the bends of the door jam itself.
A paint will also work too, but makes the change permanent.
Plasti-Dip is an increasingly used substance. It's pros and cons, and applications, are still being explored. I've not used it, so I don't know what it best work on.

Something you DON'T see is a GLOSS/shiny black, which would really accentuate the windscreen wrap-around look.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Oh, and this is why I say, repeatedly, when people ask "should I remove the A-pillar vinyl?" that they should look at as many pictures with and without it and decide which they want more. Either can look good, depending on personal tastes. If not sure, leave it alone as it's much easier to remove than to put back on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I removed the tape from my pilar only on mine. It's silver and looks great I am about to take the plunge on the doors I think it looks a lot cleaner IMO. It is a toss up though you loose the blacked out window look. I am also debating the front vinyl too. Its a very annoying decision I hate making these decisions!!!! Tartan your ride is sooo clean man!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.