Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so any ideas on how this is possible
i have a iphone and it works great with the 09 plug scion provides
besides the no charging part that can be fixed with a add on.

but it is limiting by ways of new music from other devices
and the aux jack wont do

any ideas on how to install a usb like the 2011 have?

·
Registered
979 Posts
How does your headunit cable attach to your iPod? (My RS 6 came with a different HU.)

If it plugs into the headphone jack, I would think you are just out of luck. Maybe something like this For only $7.79 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB to Audio Converter [Lined] | USB to Audio Converters would work though depending on what you want to attach. (I've always been impressed with Monoprice's quality and low prices for cables.)

If it plugs into the wide slot of your iPod, there should be a USB jack if you trace the cable far enough back. Then you could just add a USB hub.

The RS 6 HU has a USB cable that goes to the glove box with a short iPod adapter on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the trich would be to find some one with a 2010 xb they changed to the usb port from that factory plug in the 09s an pull the head unit and center console and is if all the plugs match up. if they do it should be an easy swap

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
dude, you can take my USB port from my 2010 if you want. I disconnected it since my aftermarket HU has a USB port on it.

not 100% sure how it would work for you, and I would not be able to get all the wiring for it since Id have to take my entire dash apart for that.

my advice, but a headunit with a USB port on it. worth it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
dude, you can take my USB port from my 2010 if you want. I disconnected it since my aftermarket HU has a USB port on it.

not 100% sure how it would work for you, and I would not be able to get all the wiring for it since Id have to take my entire dash apart for that.

my advice, but a headunit with a USB port on it. worth it.

I will take the USB port if he doesnt want it. I need it!

·
Registered
647 Posts
ok. I'll trade you that carputer for it ;)
Lol... Yeah I bet. Sorry it is sold. That USB part is over $100 at the dealer. Ridiculous.....

·
Registered
647 Posts
**** that is rediculous but not surprising.

PM me and we can work out a price for mine if you want it. But again, its just the USB portion and some of the cable, nothing is cut its just removed where the clips are at.
Cool. I am going tomorrow to look at the parts at the dealer just make sure i have everything in need. I will get back to you. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.