Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
709 Posts
Those look wicked. great job on the painting! I was considering doing the same to my rims as I have red ones I took of my red mitsubishi lancer before I sold it. How hard was it to sand and not touch the chrome when painting?
Again, that looks great!

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Those look wicked. great job on the painting! I was considering doing the same to my rims as I have red ones I took of my red mitsubishi lancer before I sold it. How hard was it to sand and not touch the chrome when painting?
Again, that looks great!
Mahalo to you to brah!!

Before I explain, just to let others who might be watching this, I have done this for many years. Here's is my old chevy truck I brought to Texas from Hawaii with me a few years ago.

some orange accents on the rims...

Added more orange accents in the rims

Now the reason I'm showing you this is because, I like to change up things every so often, with that being said, I also dont like to spend unnecessary kala (money). These rims along with the ones i did last night, I cleaned them very well using figure nail polish remover after i taped them off, then painted directly over the chrome. If i choose to later on to either sale or go back to the chromed rim look. I dont have to buy another set, just strip off the paint and there you have it.

The paint will not (if you do it right) come off unless you want it to later on. I had my rims on the truck like that for many years now, in fact the present owner still have them like that and it still looks great.

There you have it.
Brah, just take your time, clean it good, tape it off well and you will be good to go!

· Premium Member
709 Posts
Thanks. I didn't know you could paint over chrome.
Is there specific paint you recommend or anything?
Sweet truck too lol

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Howzit? Nice set up. I like the white with the silver wheels. Goes nice with the white box!
Just wondering, what springs you get?
Eh howzit!! Big Mahalo!! I get DF210's 2 inch front drop, 2 1/2 rear drop, hard for find these but.
If you look around, you can find um. I got mines used.
Oh, the rims are actually chromed ones and I when paint over them.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks **** good brotha..... stance and wheels r perfect imo
Mahallo!! Brah, I'm surprised I still nevar run into you on the streets yet! LOL. I thought for sure one time we would pass each other. I'm at Walmart in Schertz now by the way. I doing loss prevention there. You will see my ride parked some where out there, if you do, come inside. I'm the Hawaiian guy with long hair and tribal tats all over. You cant miss me lol.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Better Picture.Took this about 15 mins ago.

By the way, I'm working on a them for my car, its been done before once by a home boy from my State of Hawaii back in 06 on an older body style XB. I'm planning on recreating this them with my car.
The painting of my rims the other day marks the beginning of that transformation.

I not going say what it is yet, but when its pau, I'll reveal it to all of you.

Mahalo and Aloha.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so with the df210s, any problems with speed bumps or driveways?
Mahalo!
No, none... unless the kind speed bump is real high, but thats only rare that I run into one so high that da bottom scraps. No trouble in drive ways unless real steep, but again I never ran into one yet. So pretty no more problems.
You still yet back home in Hawaii? or mainland?

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I stay Maui. I get one white "toaster" with 18's too. so I like the look of yours and trying to choose between the Nf's or the df's. did you install them or take it to shop?
I did um myself, da bugga easy brah. The 1st one took me some time cause i neva know what to expect yea, but the other 3, took me as long as it took me to do the 1st one lol.
One advise is to get one spring compressor if you are new at working on stuff like this, I know how for do um without one, cause I did this kinda stuff plenty times. But other then that, no worries!! you get um!.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.