Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a water leak in my xB for quite some time now. The floor on the driver side gets wet, and if I let it go long enough without making attempts to dry it out or it rains too hard, it makes it's way to the rear on that side well. I finally got sick of the smell and changing out wet towels for dry, so I took it to the dealer. They told me they found a drilled hole in the firewall near the brake pedal. I have no recollection of ever taking a drill to my car, and drilling a hole in a relatively new vehicle is NOT something I think I would do, anyway.

I did install aftermarket fog lights, but I ran the wire for the switch through an existing grommet near the gas pedal. I cannot fathom how the hole got there. I also don't think anyone got in there and drilled a hole for the thrill of it. Just have to suck it up and pay for it, I guess. Looking at around $200.00. Yuck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.