Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once in a while when I back out of the garage , then drive forward I hear a noise like water sloshing around for only a second or two. I can't tell if the noise is under the hood, behind the dash or under the floor. The fluids are all ok under the hood and I have plenty of heat. If I had some air in the radiator system it should have worked its way out by now.

I just noticed that when I park the Xb in my garage, the garage floor by the right rear tire has alot more water draining on the floor than the other 3 tires. I am wondering if somehow water is getting in the rocker panels from rain or splashing up from the tires.

I have a Chrysler Sebring convertible which has drain holes in the side rocker panels to allow the rain water to drain that collects around the cloth top. If those drain holes get clogged water won't be able to drain out and will slosh around until the drain holes get cleaned out.

Am I the only lucky one with this noise?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i have not heard that noise but the water sounds like it is coming from your a/c unit - mine has a puddle near right rear sometimes but it is from the a/c unit dripping water and it running on ground towards rear of vehicle...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yanges. Thanks for the reply. I haven't used the A/C in two month and the defroster isn't needed yet. I will listen for the noise after I wash the car or it sits outside in the rain. I believe this was mentioned on another board, but I can't remember where.

Right now the road salt is so thick that my black Xb looks gray/dirty white.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try running your heater, I think the noise is from the heating system. Is your heater setting on? I had the noise in my Camry SE, only early when the engine is warming up. So far nothing yet with my XB2

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I haven't hear the noise in a while since we have been having mostly snow and not a lot of rain. I have been using the heater since it has been cold her for the last two months. I will have to keep my ear open for the sloshing noise when it starts raining in the spring.

Again, thanks for the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts