Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting the Weapon R header and S pipe. I keep reading that it eliminates the catalytic converter. Here is my question. Is that S pipe longer than usual? I thought the set up went like this. Header, S pipe, catalytic converter, rear muffler. Can anyone help me on this?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or is the converter attached to the stock headers?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I'm standing in front of my car and looking down the hood it goes engine, headers, s-pipe, then catalytic converter?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yes, i would post some pictures i took of the pipes I replaced, but my Facebook account is "temporarily unavailable" and that's where the pictures are. haha.

it's Engine>Headers>S-Pipe>CatConverter>Exhaust (there are two pipes on the exhaust, one that goes from the Cat to the axle, then from the axle to the tip, which is where the CatBack and Axle Back come from.)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok cool. So why does it say that aftermarket headers will eliminate the cat converter if its after the S pipe? What is it that I'm missing?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm not really sure. I wouldn't be the one to ask. haha. I just bolted mine on, and didn't ask any questions. I don't have any tests that I have to pass or anything so it didn't matter to me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well here is the thing. I'm either going to get the weapon r header and s pipe or just get the DC Sport or Strup header. I read somewhere that the weapon R s-pipe is the same size as the stock so it doesn't really seem worth it to get the weapon R. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
783 Posts
the stock pipe changes diameter, it gets skinnier in the middle. the weapon R stays the 2.5" all the way, so it is bigger, and it does make a bit of a difference. it is a bit on the pricey side though, for what it is. I would get it last, personally.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool. I got the Borla single exhaust and K&N short air ram. These headers are next and probably will be the last performance mod. After that I'm hoping to get some alloy rims.

·
Registered
166 Posts
when weapon r says it gets rid of the converter its talking about the first converter in the stock header. NOT the second converter(scuba tank)

its goes like this

Engine> Header W/1st Cat,1st O2> S-Pipe 2nd O2> Mid Pipe W/ 2nd Cat> another pipe> Muffer pipe and exit.

you WILL need the weapon r Cel elemiter thing if you replace your stock header. or you will get the P0136 CEL.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool deal. I'm sure Ill just get both the Weapon header and S pipe. There is one site that said it comes with the CEL eliminator. Do I need to get an O2 Oxygen sensor?

·
Registered
783 Posts
remember that the CEL eliminator goes on the S Pipe, in case you didn't know. I put it on my header, and had problems with it haha. You won't need to get an O2 sensor, you'll use the ones currently on your B

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.