Weapon R Racing Products for the xB2

Secret Weapon polished intake $195 SHIPPED

Engine Torque Damper $155 SHIPPED

Racing Seat Brackets (will fit most aftermarket seats) $85 SHIPPED

Paypal [email protected]

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Hey scionscene give me your honest opinion on the torque dampener. I am not abject to rough rides and noisy cars. I used to own a 92 wrangler and a highly modded Jetta. However with this being a new car I kinda wanna keep it refined and quite(for the most part) for a little while. I just kinda want to enjoy the newness and smoothness of a new car before I start roughing it up.
How do you really feel about this mod? Whats the perks vs the problems?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off do you plan on getting the manual or auto? If you get the manual, its completely quiet and you wont even know its there till when you drive and shift, and it feels noticeably better as the engine doesn't move at all. Now if you get the auto, then it will vibrate at cold idle and in reverse, otherwise its fine. As with autos, you feel the car hesitate a little before taking off which is normal for most 4 cylinder cars. With the damper on there, you dont feel the shifts and there is no hesitation. For the money, its a great mod.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
A manual of course duh. :p Ok well I will take your word on it. I won't be able to buy just yet. I feel its kind of unlucky to start buying upgrade for a vehical I don't own yet. Yeah call me crazy but thats how I feel. After I get it in and drive it around a bit I will definatly order one from ya.

·
Registered
4 Posts
from the pics it looks like you were able to get the damper and the strut bar on at the same time. any modification needed to do this or does it just fit?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No special modification needed, just need the right tools to do the install as its a really snug fit in there and you would need the right tools to do it without taking off the bar. To take off the bar, u need to remove the valve cover and move a bunch of stuff.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the bar on there first as it came with the car when i bought it. Either way you would still need to install the bar first

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im offering all newScionxB members 20% off msrp for ALL Weapon R products. Please PM me for pricing. Check them out at www.weapon-r.com

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes engine damper in stock. Ross just picked one up last week.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It looks cool, but I haven't installed it. I can pretty much see where it goes, but I don't wanna do anything until I get instructions.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Well when get it on let me know how you like it. Hopefully soon cause I got to make some decisions as far as what mods I am getting done before HIN.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ross said:
It looks cool, but I haven't installed it. I can pretty much see where it goes, but I don't wanna do anything until I get instructions.

Did you call Chris A at WR, he should be able to email u instructions or give them to you over the phone right away.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My issue is that i'm usually working when they're open. I e-mailed them and still haven't heard anything back. It's been over a week now... I guess I could call now, but I'm currently too lazy, and the weather isn't the greatest outside to install.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PM me your email, I will get ahold of Chris A and get the instructions for you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts