Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was T-shirt weather today and has been pretty nice for awhile. Just can't justify keeping the snows on any longer (installed December 19). Boy, the difference in weight between my alloys and summer tires Vs the steelies and snows is very noticeable, looking forward to improved responsiveness and fuel economy :)!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I can't wait! There's almost no more snow here in Quebec but I have to keep my studded winter tires until March 15! They are so NOISY :mad:

·
Registered
846 Posts
I retired the snows two weeks ago two days before the biggest snow of the season. Luckily it was all melted within 48 hours. The AME's will be on for the season.
I too warshed and waxed the b yesterday but couldn't keep from looking over my shoulder. Mid March? Breaking a sweet? I remember a Christmas day in '79. I had got a new Chevy Suburban in Oct. and because it was so warm, I cleaned and waxed it. The snow came later.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I never took off my winter rims, but that's because I now have 3 sets of summer wheels.
I can see you have a real problem. Which to choose, which to choose.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drove today for the first time this year on my summers, nice improvement over snows! Could immediately feel the reduction of wheel weight, quicker take-off, stronger response -- instantly spoiled! Snows definitely have their place, but setting them aside is the best :)!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My summer wheels are actually bigger (width and overall diameter) than my winter wheels so it felt sluggish initially but so much better when cornering.
I went with 16" rims for my aftermarket, and I'm really not sure how their weight compares to the OE steelies, but the snow tires are 205/60 instead of 205/55 plus their tread is much heavier, so the net difference is one distinctly lighter summer wheel -- I can easily feel it while handling the wheels! Makes a big clutch difference every time I get underway :biggrin:!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.